Search Unity

'Think Outside The Game Box 5' Game Design Contest - Compete against all game engines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stormystudio, Jul 26, 2012.

1. stormystudio

stormystudio

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX 5

A contest run by indie developers for indie developers.

Do you love thinking up original game ideas? , discussing good game design or perhaps you struggle finishing games with out a deadline.

Why not take part in the 5th 'Think Outside The Game Box' contest for the first time its open to all indie developers on all platforms.

Where:

Head on over to the TOTGB5 contest page and find out what's going on.

How long:
    You have a little over 3 weeks from the starting date (9pm 5th of August 2012) to produce your most original game idea based on the given theme.

Make it with anything:
    You can use any game engine to create the game though hopefully you'll take up the challenge and use Unity or a 3rd party add on like PlayMaker (Which I use myself). Final entries need to provide a YouTube video showing the game play and original design. Final entries will be judged by a group of respected and successful indie developers.

Prizes:
    We've already got some great prizes up for grabs donated by the indie game community with a few more yet to be posted up on the prize page. Including something smooth, shiny and electric. We're also still welcoming any new donations to the competition.

Go on, go on, go on, go on:

It would be great to have you on board, and whether you win or not I hope everyone will enjoy the ride, and learn from fellow developers. There might even be a hit game created which would great.

It's all being run from www.totgb.com a site for indie developers to network, share and collaborate on game projects and ideas.

There are groups setup for the different game making software so please head over and sign up to the Unity group. We've got a active community of varied and talented developers on board discussing everything to do with game developing.

2. stormystudio

stormystudio

Just thought I'd post again to say sorry for this being my first ever post and it not simply being a question about unity. I've only recently (past 3 months) been using Unity with PlayMaker after moving over from GameSalad.. I've had some success with my 2D games on Apples App Store. My last game was a retro Sapce Invaders inspired game. Though played entirely with audio. It had some fairly ncie 8bit graphics but it was all about the audio game mechanic. Trying my best to think outside the box. It's become a small hit amongst the visually impaired gaming world which was pretty cool. I'm hopngi to go onto making some more interesting audio games using unity.

Anyway.. I hope to see you around the forum and I hope you take part or come and visit totgb.com