Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Thingworx .Net SDK

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Simwo, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Simwo

Simwo

Hello,

actually I am developing an appllication that is using the thingworx .net sdk to communicate with an server.
    This is already working in the editior, but if I am trying to build the applications for Windows 10 UWP it fails.

Does anybody have experience how to use this sdk in unity with an uwp build?
    In first way I want to know where exactly I have to place the sdk in the project folder, so that it can be found correctly while building.

Thank you very much for your answeres

2. Simwo

Simwo

Well, I think I figured out how to set up the SDK in Unity, but now I have another error occurring:

"Xaml Internal Error error WMC9999: Cannot find type System.Diagnostics.TraceListener in module System.dll."

I was able to build in Unity, but know I need to build the UWP application in Visual Studio, where this error occurs.
    As far as I know "System.Diagnostics.TraceListener" is not available in on UWP.
    Does somebody have experience, using an alternative for this or how to solve this problem?

If someone is facing the same problem, my actually configuration can be seen in the attached image.
    I used this (https://github.com/SaladLab/Json.Net.Unity3D/releases) workaround to solve a problem related to the standard JSON.dll.

I hope this time someone is answering with a good idea :)
    Thank you already

Attached Files:

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That API is available on UWP only if you use IL2CPP scripting backend. You could switch to IL2CPP and see if your problems go away.