Search Unity

Things look lean in WebGL

Discussion in 'Web' started by nsmith1024, Jul 13, 2018.

1. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Hello,

I been subconsciously feeling something wasn't right about how my scene looked, but i couldn't put my finger on it until now.

I noticed that even though objects are at right angles to each other, sometimes they dont appear that way making the scene look weird.

Please see the attached image. On the same cube, one part of it looks to be at a 90 degree angle to the ground, and the other part of the same cube looks to be less than 90 degrees with respect to the same ground.

Sometimes one part of the cube is 90 while the other part looks MORE than 90 degrees, very strange (not shown).

It doesnt look that bad here, but sometimes its worse. If you have a scene full of this kind of thing, it looks like part of the scene is going to fall over either forward or backwards.

Anybody knows why, maybe its the camera doing it or something else?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Can't really tell from that image. Isn't it just how perspective works?

3. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

I uploaded another photo, dont you think that looks strange to have all your assets look at an angle like that? The cube even looks twisted, like a twizzler candy stick.

Those angles are supposed to be 90 degrees, what if that was a wall, it would look like the wall was falling down!

I didnt even notice it myself until i showed my game to my brother, he said the buildings look weird like they are falling over, "they look lean" as he called it.

Im sure it must have something to do with the camera setting!

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

What's the field of view setting?

Again, it seems to me you are simply noticing how perspective works in real life.

Here's a random image from the web

phot2o.jpg

5. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Field view setting of the camera is also shown in the photo i uploaded, something like -1

But i dont remember seeing something extreme as the photos i uploaded in any game where everything looks so lean or squashed though.

Now I cant un-see it since it was shown to me by my brother is a photographer, he notices little things like these.

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

-1? I believe there is something wrong there. I don't believe fov goes into negative value.

Set it to something reasonable like 50.

Larger values tend to exaggerate the perspective, which can be what you're noticing.