Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

There's something wrong with the build process

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by georgeq, Sep 4, 2016.

1. georgeq

georgeq

I just imported my project from 5.3.5p8 to 5.5.0b1, when Unity asked me if I wanted to upgrade my project I answered "No thanks", then I manually fixed all the errors, I played the game and then I tried to build the Windows stand alone player, but it did nothing after I choose the folder and file name, I tried 3 times and nothing happened, then I closed Unity and opened it up again this time when I tried to build the project it complained that my scripts were using some obsolete API's and asked me if I wanted to upgrade the project. I think this is an error because the games plays with no problems in edit mode. I answered "No thanks" again in order to see if there was an error on the console, but no error was logged, however the following warning appeared:

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on WooglieAPI
    This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
    Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

I commented the routine and tried to build the player once more, but again, it did nothing, I closed Unity opened it up again, tried to build the project again, but this time I answered "yes", the upgrade process finished but the build process didn't start, once again I tried to build the project, but again nothing happened.I closed Unity and opened up again, the upgrade message no longer appear, but when I hit "Build" nothing happens after I select the folder, type the file name and hit "Save".

Again the game does play with no (apparent) issues on the editor... and no errors logged on the console.

2. ohid4u

ohid4u

Try building into your project directory.

3. georgeq

georgeq

Ok, building on the project's directory solves the problem.