Search Unity

There's no app folder after exporting to Android Studio

Discussion in 'Android' started by angelochu7, Jan 14, 2019.

1. angelochu7

angelochu7

Hello everyone, I am a Unity newbie. :)

Owing to the READ_PHONE_STATE permission injection issue by using Unity internal build, I have to opt for Android Studio gradle build. After I exported the Android project, I can't see the app folder (as shown below) like other Android project has. Thus, I cannot sign the app.

Do you guys know why that is? Please feel free to drop me a line if you know why.;)

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you using Unity IAP in your project? It may explain the READ_PHONE_STATE behavior.

3. angelochu7

angelochu7

Thanks for your reply,JeffDUnity3D.

I am not sure whether I have Unity IAP in my project because it's not done by myself. Would you mind telling me how can I check if there's Unity IAP in the project?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Provide a screenshot of your Project view in the Unity Editor, it would show content in Assets/UnityPurchasing. Alternatively go the Services window (Window/Services or Window/General/Services) and check to see if IAP is enabled as a service.

5. angelochu7

angelochu7

Thanks for your reply,JeffDUnity3D.

I can confirm that there's no Unity Purchasing under Assets folder. The Unity Purchasing Folder cannot be found under Assets folder. (as below).

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, check under Plugins also

7. angelochu7

angelochu7

Here's what I got from Plugins:

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it, thanks for checking. Hopefully others will have some suggestions for you.

9. angelochu7

angelochu7

Hello,JeffDUnity3D.

May I give some feedback regarding the READ_PHONE_STATE issue? I have been using Unity happily to generate the Android APK from within Unity since Unity version 5.3.3. The output of APK is perfectly fine from that version. After that, I am not sure it's related to what you mention as Unity IAP or Unity version changes, I have to opt for exporting the project to Android Studio and it is the nightmare begins. The reason is that I have to configure the Android Studio with the gradle location (using Unity gradle) and other stuff (Cannot generate signed APK). Is it really impossible to generate the APK using Unity build when Unity IAP is used or only the Unity version change issue?

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, it's something else. You are not using IAP.

11. angelochu7

angelochu7

So is it related to Unity version then?

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, likely something else. Probably one of your components is requiring it.

13. angelochu7

angelochu7

Thanks for your prompt reply all along,JeffDUnity3D.

I will try to figure out what component causes the issue of READ_PHONE_STATE.

14. angelochu7

angelochu7