Search Unity

Question There should be only one Asset Table Collection in the whole project?

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by L0tan, Sep 2, 2022.

1. L0tan

L0tan

I'm pretty new using this package so more than probably I'm missing something, but I've read the whole Quick Start guide and in the "Localize a sprite" section it explains how to use the Localization Scene Controls, which I assumed is the default table to use when you make changes to "persist".

My question is, this makes sense if EVERY localized asset is in this Table, but what if it's not?

If you need to edit 2 components and each one lives inside different tables, only one will change, is this right?

So...the "easy" solution is to put EVERY localized asset inside the same table...but this looks weird for me, it's just me, is intended design, or I'm just using wrong the tool? Thanks!

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

The default table is only used when a new table entry needs to be created. Once the entry is created you can switch to a different default table and it will still upgrade the correct table if you make a change. You can also change the reference in the localized asset after it has been created if you need to.

L0tan likes this.