Search Unity

"There is a GUI for the lobby manager. See the multiplayer-lobby asset package" -- Err, where? ;)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by MrLucid72, Nov 8, 2016.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

The NetworkLobbyManager docs are extremely vague, only documented with a summary (expected to scroll down for additional content), and contains literally no links to other internal docs for being the primary component of the entire lobby, staging, and matchmaking (hint hint @Unity - please update lobby, matchmaking, and staging docs :cool: you'd rock if you did):

At the bottom, it says "There is a GUI for the lobby manager. See the multiplayer-lobby asset package", but with no link.

I tried Assets >> Import >> but alas, no mplayer category (I didn't expect it to be there, but since there were no links I thought perhaps I was overthinking it).

That said, where is this mysterious multiplayer-lobby asset package? o_O

EDIT:
    The 5.5b docs contain the same content.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. QuinnWinters

QuinnWinters

3. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Ahh.... That probably is it - good find mate.

EDIT: Although you are correct - that is the latest demo - it's VERY old, bloated, undocumented, and doesn't even utilize the event system (so plenty of OnGUI bloat).

But most importantly, it does not use any of the 5.3+ changes to the lobby. No NetworkLobbyManager class. No NetworkLobbyPlayer class. No new callbacks.

@Unity: Please, for the love of anything, update this demo and/or API docs :( Your mplayer docs have a beautiful step-by-step ~15 page flow with pictures, but UNET lobby has 1/2 page summary showing only the already-obvious.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  4. Cyborg777

Cyborg777

Unity Docs Instruction:
    • Create Lobby Scene
    • Import multiplayer-lobby package

• Err, where???

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It is linked above technically, but Unet was deprecated years ago and that has included the multiplayer lobby asset on the asset store. So only people who previously downloaded it can continue to download it. But really, you shouldn't just now be starting a Unet project. Use something else.

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

The lobby asset was full of bugs anyway.
    You are better off creating your own, or check out the lobby example that comes with Mirror.

Joe-Censored likes this.