Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on March 30, 2023, between 5 am & 1 pm EST, in the Performance Profiling Dev Blitz Day 2023 - Q&A forum and Discord where you can connect with our teams behind the Memory and CPU Profilers.
    Dismiss Notice

Question There have anyway to downgrade project?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rachan, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Rachan

Rachan

Hi there!
    There have anyway to properly downgrade project to older version of Unity?

I really want to go back to Unity 2019 from Unity 2021.2.2f
    because I found that a Custom Shader in Unity 2021.2.2f have an issue with a white glow on edge of sprite
    But in Unity older version is not happen and it only happen on iPhone13 also.

I don't know how to fix a custom shader of Unity version 2021.2.2f++ so I would like to go back to older version of Unity I hope it will help this issue

because I has been tested and it work ok without white glow on custom shader

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  2. Adrian

Adrian

Downgrading projects is not supported. You can maybe get away with it if you only go back a few versions and only have done very little work after the upgrade. But going from 2021 back to 2019 is a big jump and will likely break your project in numerous ways, some of which will be very hard to debug.

Your only real option is to revert the project back to a point before the upgrade (using version control and/or backups) and then redoing all the changes you've made since.

3. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Not supported and it wouldn't even be possible in many cases. For the same reason you'd want to undo a bunch of changes you've done, you HAVE to use source control.

4. Rachan

Rachan

Thank you very much for your answers
    But in older version is better and no have this issue
    I was failed to Update Unity

so I have to fix this shader in new version as possible