Search Unity

There are pending send packets after the baselib process send

Discussion in 'Unity Transport' started by davidaplawson, Dec 2, 2021.

1. davidaplawson

davidaplawson

Hi. I get the warning "There are pending send packets after the baselib process send" frequently after I try and send a message. This only happens with remote connections. Is this important to avoid and how can I avoid it? It doesn't seem to effect performance significantly. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  2. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

I know it's an annoying warning, but you can mostly ignore it. See my answer in a previous thread about this.

As an update to what I answered in that thread, we now have a fix for the issue. We're trying to get it into the next version of
    com.unity.transport
    (1.0.0-pre.10).

3. Tehelee

Tehelee

upload_2022-2-8_7-7-32.png

We're now on 1.0.0-pre.12 and still seeing this issue, because of Unity's limited log panel functionality and its inability to hide by filter, these messages tend to spam over actual valuable data. Can you give a more reasonable estimate on when this will be fixed? pre.13? pre.14?

4. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

We understand the message is annoying (and useless since it's not actually indicating a problem that needs to be addressed), so we're removing it in pre.13. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA on when we'll release this.

Tehelee and davidaplawson like this.