Search Unity

TheLooppy | Hardcore 2D Platformer | The First Game on Unity3D

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by flatingo, Dec 20, 2017.

1. flatingo

flatingo

Title
    : TheLooppy
    Design: Flat (Vector)
    Genre: Platformer, Puzzle
    Developer: flatingo (Twitter, Instagram)
    Platform: PC
    Language: C# (Unity3D)
    Release date: January, 2018. Available on Steam.

Description:
    TheLooppy is a hardcore 2D platformer with puzzle elements, in which you help the hero Looppy to go through the magical valley to the crystal of desires, so that his dream of becoming big can finally be realized. Do not leave this cutie in trouble alone.

Official Trailer:

Screenshots:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. John3D

John3D

Congrats for releasing your first game!

3. flatingo

flatingo

Thanks dude. Official Trailer

4. Vilmos_VR

Vilmos_VR

WOW! looks great! This is your FIRST game???

5. flatingo

flatingo

Yes, this is my first game.
    My game "TheLooppy" is available on Steam. You can buy it right now.

Support the game by writing a review in Steam. You get a lot of respect, if you do a video review on Youtube. What do you think about my game?

My YouTube channel with subtitles about the development of games, where I tell how I create this game.

6. klonoa_74

klonoa_74

wow , i love your graphics style, you have talent, congrats for your game.
    i wait a android version for mobile

7. flatingo

flatingo

Thank you so much. Unfortunately, I planned this game only on PC.
    By the way, I found some review of my game on Youtube. It's nice to watch someone play the game I created. This is important for the game developer.

8. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Looks like a load of fun, I just nabbed a copy. I'll try and post a review soon (in a week or so). I've got a few other games I gotta review too lol

Anyways, congrats on releasing your first game!

9. flatingo

flatingo

Thanks for the feedback.

By the way, I found a video in which a guy plays my game without hands. I feel sorry for this guy, because he has health problems.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  10. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Almost forgot about this, thanks for reminding me! Here's the review I wrote a week back:

So after playing the game I have a few things I noticed. The game overall felt fun, but did have a few shortcomings and a few things that where great.

Things that need improvment:
    The first is that the game feels very unpolished in parts where it feels great in other parts. An example of this is the level UI and how it is made with cheap pixel art that doesn't fit the theme of the game at all. You definitely should fix this as it really subtracts from the experience. Another thing I noticed was how it was slightly hard to tell the foreground from the background. This is slightly annoying as I missed a few jumps when I thought I could jump to a certain point first. This ended up creating a scared effect (on me as a player), where I didn't really wanna make a jump unless I had too, which in turn stifles the fun out of the game.

Things that I really liked:
    The art is great, I love the cute cartoon style and the way you merged the player into the experience. The world feels alive and kinda quirky which I really like. Great job on this part! The next part I liked was the pacing as it really had a good difficulty curve in it; which is definitely something you want in a platformer.

Overall I found the game to be enjoyable, I played for almost an hour and had fun playing it. For a first game this is great! Definitively far better than I could have ever achieved on my first rodeo! Making anything is hard, but getting a polished game out on steam on your first try is a great achievement. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you can come up with in the future.

flatingo likes this.
  11. flatingo

flatingo

Well, thank you very much for this wonderful review. You wrote an adequate criticism and it's great. I will improve the game and publish an update soon.
    Thank you for playing my game.

RavenOfCode likes this.
  12. fmasutti

fmasutti

I really enjoy the game art, its is really simple, but you can see that its has his own identity, really nice job! I think you should plan for consoles as well!

Play one game like this on a console like Nintendo Switch will be amazing :D

All the best!

13. flatingo

flatingo

Thank you. I just love vector graphics. Here's a video about how I paint it.

Nowlz and RavenOfCode like this.
  14. fmasutti

fmasutti

Wow, really nice :D

15. flatingo

flatingo

By the way, a small video about how I create a level design for my game in Unity. I hope you like it :)

16. DarkSiderGG

DarkSiderGG

игра прекрасная. могу ли я портировать ее на мобильные устройства?
    если да, буду черезмерно благодарен)

17. oisyp1200

oisyp1200

Флатинго эта игра такая сассснаяяя!!!Я твой под залупный перожочек

18. flatingo

flatingo

flatingo family :)
    Обещаю, что вторая часть выйдет исключительно на телефоны уже)