Search Unity

Feature Request The world space option in velocity over lifetime module of the shuriken particle system

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by MTUA, Apr 27, 2021.

1. MTUA

MTUA

Greetings

The world space option in velocity over lifetime module of the shuriken particle system doesn't work as I expected it to with respect to the way it works in all the other modules.

I tried to make a tornado using only the particle system. I used the orbital velocity function in the velocity over lifetime module and set it to world space along with the main module.

The parent particle for the effect moves along the floor as the base of the tornado should. However the other particles which are the actual tornado effect, take the average distance between their current position and the world space position of the main particle system as the axis of rotation instead of the position of the parent particle system that spawned them.

smash-ter, Crawdad and hipinds like this.
  2. Crawdad

Crawdad

I've run into a similar problem with this. I was trying to create a particle based machine gun that would curve around a planets surface. I assumed that with the "world space" option checked, the bullets would continue to fly at their initial trajectory after being set active, but they still rotate with the parent. As best I can tell, the world space check box does nothing.

MTUA likes this.