Search Unity

The Way We Walk in Virtual Reality

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by MJahanzaib, Dec 1, 2016.

1. MJahanzaib

MJahanzaib

Hi Guys how are you?
    I have found this informative article on the internet so i thought to share with all of you i hope it will be helpful for all of you.

Virtual reality allows us to enjoy new, immersive experiences – we could be world-class runners, footballers or even soldiers serving in a special military unit. To fully become immersed in these experiences, the VR equipment should cover our entire body and all of our senses. There have been many advances in these fields; in this article, we will focus on walking in VR, and the upcoming gadgets which enable us to transmit our real-world leg movements into the virtual world.

All four gadgets work in the same basic way: the user is confined to a small space, similarly to a running treadmill. The devices themselves need space to be placed on, there is no free-form walking around in the room like HTC’s room-scale feature in the Vive, making these incompatible with this feature. Read More . .. . . https://appreal-vr.com/blog/walking-in-vr-how-it-works/

Due to long article i can't post it here you can use link to read full article.

Thank you

2. image28

image28

3. DavidLinks

DavidLinks