Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

The use of audio as a game mechanic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BFreeman, Nov 18, 2022.

1. BFreeman

BFreeman

*SURVEY*

I'm studying video game audio for my dissertation at university, particularly how it can be used as a game mechanic and I would be grateful for some help. I'm using a questionnaire to gather feedback about players gameplay experiences, attitudes towards certain aspects of game audio and the hardware they use for listening to their games. This information will then help to inform the design and development of a game in Unity. It should only take about 5 minutes to complete but responses would be really helpful, you can find further information at the start of the survey and all responses are anonymous. Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to complete it!

Link to the questionnaire: https://forms.office.com/Pages/Resp...8AGkrfIFUQ0RUTzE0VVFYSFlUQTBGMzIzVFoxUEtTUy4u

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Are you planning share results here with our game community?
    Most of such surveys never come back to us with results.
    It would be nice, if we got something back, for sharing data for research.

DragonCoder likes this.
  3. kdgalla

kdgalla

Your survey asks about dedicated graphics cards but not about break-out boxes. Would you consider those the same thing?

Edit: also, it looks like this survey is aimed at people who play video games, so you're probably better-off posting this on Steam or some forum where gamers hang out. This forum is all game developers.

Kiwasi likes this.