Search Unity

The Unity GUI write up

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by shabazzster, Jul 5, 2011.

1. shabazzster

shabazzster

After working with it for 4 days straight, I must say that the Unity GUI write up is very thorough, but bombasticstacally archaic, and super-duper impractical.
    Obviously the programmers who created it have never created a game in their entire lives, and don't now how to speak with pictures and functionality in mind.

I will not waste another day trying to figure this horrible and cluster fkd system of archaic documents..shame on u unity for allowing this to stay for so long!

I can't wait unitl this trash is disposed of, and a new system arrives.. Hopefully this will happen in 3.5!!
    Cheers!

:D

2. Spectre9000

Spectre9000

This really deserved a post? Do what everyone else does and use a different GUI system. There's EZ-GUI, Spritemanager, and UIToolKit.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Even a cursory glance through the forums would have taught you not to bother with 4 days on it, no?

4. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

I think that the GUI is fine....

5. zine92

zine92

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. I mean it's not easy to use but yeah there's a lot of alternatives out there and things like xaml and ez-gui. You can try them out. Good thing bout Unity is that. They lay the framework, developer uses that framework and make more interesting plugins. You can't really blame Unity team because the UI scripting part sucks. Unity workflow is really smooth and the engine they developed i personally think it is good.