Search Unity

The Unite Timeline + Cinemachine presentation is SO good!

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by laurentlavigne, Jun 28, 2017.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Highglights I'd say are the seamless playtime/edit time editing of tracks and timeline, those guys got it right!
    Also for anyone who animated cameras by hand, Adam is showcasing some really hard-to-get-right shots like at around 57 minutes: a transition from a nodal to a track - wow! Man your passion is contagious and I am sure we'll see tons of cool stuff coming out. I Didn't quite get how to activate a timeline from code but that made me want to add a Reservoir Dog character presentation to my game just for fun!
    Cherry on the cake we get to learn how to use a chroma scope, I never understood how!

Question to the team: the wobbling you were getting when scrubbing through the ninja jump at play time, is that something inherent to how things work or do you plan on softening that up?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    julienb and CrystalConflux like this.
  2. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

Thanks so much @laurentlavigne , very kind words. We love making this stuff and I guess it shows!

As for the wobbles, I wish I explained what that was. It's due to nav mesh characters going to waypoints and that wobble is a result of scrubbing while the game is playing. It's understandable why it happens but I should have avoided it or mentioned it beause it looks sort of bad. If the character was animated it would have been fine but it was a gameplay driven character.

If you liked the little vectorscope bit then you might want to checkout this blog about how I did the lighting in Homeworld Deserts of Kharak.

http://blackbirdinteractive.com/2016/01/29/lighting-from-concept-to-final-frame/

The workflow back then required doing the colour grading outside of Unity in Davinci Resolve and bringing the grade back through a LUT. The crazy thing is, we can now do it all right inside of Unity!

zaphr, vamky and CrystalConflux like this.
  3. vamky

vamky

Hi Adam I too watched that keynote today and it is indeed fantastic! It will be like honey moon again for me when timeline and cinemachine fully landed with 2017.1! I tried dig into color grading but find it is pretty hard to understand without proper knowledge, it will be very nice if we can get some in depth tutorials on it.

*and split screen (run into hiding

Adam_Myhill likes this.