So I have been using TextMesh Pro for well over a year in my project, today seemingly out of nowhere, Visual Studio Community 2019 said it couldn't find the namespace for 'TMPro' when adding 'using TMPro' to my scripts. I was dumbfounded as to why as the scripts work fine in the editor! I have reported this at (Case 1254352) I did later find the fix but this is unexpected behaviour as the fix involved scripts from the optional Examples and Extras pack. The core TMPro package shouldn't have namespace issues like this. Edit: even with this fix in use, the use of 'TextMeshProUGUI' as a variable produces namespace missing errors also! The fix: I went to the TextMesh Pro option window in the editor (Window->TeshMesh Pro), and imported the "TMP Examples and Extras." I had already imported the Essentials, but apparently, there's something missing from essentials that stops Visual Studio from recognizing the namespace.