Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

The type or namespace name 'GraphData' could not be found

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by alexandre-fiset, Feb 12, 2019.

1. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

After installing the ShaderGraph through the package manager, I get the following compiler error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.3.1-preview\Editor\ShaderGraph\HDSubShaderUtilities.cs(558,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GraphData' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Any way to solve this?

2. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

Error is gone after restart, now I have:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  The type or namespace name 'AnimationCurveParameter' could not be found
    In the PostProcessingStack.

:(

3. izym

izym

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Make sure that your HDRP and Shader Graph packages have the exact same version. This is best achieved by not installing Shader Graph manually.

If that doesn't work, could I get you to post the contents of the Packages/manifest.json file in your project?

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see that the error was gone after a restart. The above is only for fixing the Shader Graph errors.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please check if a full reimport solves the issue?

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Also, HDRP 5.3+ no longer supports Post Processing v2. You'll have to use the integrated PPv3 and remove the PPv2 package if that's in your project.

6. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

Oh! Great :) Thanks! Reverting to the previous version worked, but now I'm going to try v3 :)

LeonhardP likes this.
  7. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

Is there any docs on the PPv3? I have HDRP 5.3.1 but can't find any way to add a volume.

EDIT: Nevermind got it; it is now part of the scene settings volume :)

8. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Where can I find PPv3? I can't find it on github, it still says v2 there and I also can't find a v3 branch.

9. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

PPV3 is embedded into HDRP, this is from version 5.3.1 forward

Peter77 likes this.
  10. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

For clarification: the official name of the new HDRP post processing stack is "HDRP PP" and there will be a similar solution for LWRP as well ("LWRP PP", targeting 19.3). They can be thought of as the third generation of our post processing stack because they are an evolution from PPv2, but since there's two of them "PPv3" would be ambiguous.

optimise likes this.
  11. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If PP is bound to a specific render pipeline now, is PP going to be part of said RP then or still provided as a separate package?

Out of curiosity, why are you going to provide specific PP's for RP's?

12. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

As @LeonhardP says in other thread they not planning make them separete packages. Thei going to provide specific PP because it's more natural, better results, and it has better integration with thes RP.
    Edit: Sorry it's @SebLagarde says :) Here https://forum.unity.com/threads/hdrp-new-post-processing-extending.624166/#post-4229698

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    LeonhardP likes this.