Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

The type or namespace name `GooglePlayGames' could not be found.

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by obs619, Feb 19, 2016.

1. obs619

obs619

The type or namespace name `GooglePlayGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Ive already imported the google play services into my project from Assets | Import Package | Custom Package,

However i tried to include the GooglePlayGames class on one my scripts and it says this.

After importing, i also didnt see this
    "After importing, you should see that a new menu item was added to the Window menu: "Google Play Games". "

rgrandguillot likes this.
  2. blumersolutions

blumersolutions

What kind of project are you targeting? I've experienced the same issue and realized that you need to specify the platform (Android for me), in order to avoid your error.
    Hope this helps.

3. emily-schloff

emily-schloff

WOW thank you! Just had a similar issue after upgrading Unity, thought the upgrade broke this. Going to File -> Build Settings, then selecting Android and clicking "Change Platform" fixed everything.

4. duchan

duchan

thanks blumersolutions. you helped me as well.

blumersolutions likes this.
  5. alphadogware

alphadogware

Grrrr. I just had this issue and somehow the build target got changed. I was freaking out cause all of a sudden I tried to build and everything was crashing. Thanks!!!

6. chriscode

chriscode

Happened when I upgraded to latest 2019 from slightly older 2019 - build target change