Search Unity

The type 'Action<T1, T2, T3, T4, T5>' exists in both 'Moq, Version=4.0.10827.0, Culture=neutral, Pub

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by DrMaxP, May 15, 2019.

1. DrMaxP

DrMaxP

Moving a project to .NET Standard API compatibility has introduced a type definition clash in our test projects that use Moq:

The type 'Action<T1, T2, T3, T4, T5>' exists in both 'Moq, Version=4.0.10827.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=69f491c39445e920' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

I've tried to alias the namespaces to get rid of this issue, but it doesn't work. It might be helped if I can change the alias for the assembly on the project reference properties, but I don't know if Unity supports that via the assembly definition files. Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Use looks like this...

private Action<IntPtr, uhsclHandle, string, size_t, byte[]> doSomething(byte[] bytes)
    {
    return (_, __, ___, ____, buffer) =>
    {
    for(var i = 0; i < bytes.Length; i++)
    {
    buffer = bytes;
    }
    };
    }

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

You said you can't resolve this merely by declaring it explcitly as System.Action, instead of simple Action?

3. DrMaxP

DrMaxP

Yes, that is correct.

4. dgoyette

dgoyette

What doesn't work with that approach? Does it not compile? Could you show some code? Or explain the failure mode?

5. DrMaxP

DrMaxP

You get the error:
    The type 'Action<T1, T2, T3, T4, T5>' exists in both 'Moq, Version=4.0.10827.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=69f491c39445e920' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

and it doesn't compile. This is even if you alias the moq and mscorlib namespaces or the Action type with a using statement.

So this doesn't work:

Remove:
    using moq;
    using system;

Fully qualify all type names in code as a result of the above.

Define Action:
    using MyAction = System.Action:

Change code:

private MyAction.Action<IntPtr, uhsclHandle, string, size_t, byte[]> doSomething(byte[] bytes)
    {
    return (_, __, ___, ____, buffer) =>
    {
    for(var i = 0; i < bytes.Length; i++)
    {
    buffer = bytes;
    }
    };
    }

Still get the same error.