Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

The terrain in assetbundle with defualt material make "Missing default terrain shader" on android.

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by watsonsong, Oct 16, 2018.

1. watsonsong

watsonsong

I am using the new terrain and use the defualt standard terrain shader. I build the terrain and terrain data in assetbundle. When I load the terrain in scene, it show "Missing default terrain shader" and nothing render

2. Hostur

Hostur

Do you have Nature/Terrain/Standard shader included in build?

3. watsonsong

watsonsong

No, you means add the standard shader into the 'include build' in graphc setting?
    I trying this but the shader is still missing, and add the shader to the included seems force to build all shader features.

4. watsonsong

watsonsong

I test and there has two problem。
    1. If I enable the terrain instance render in 2018, the terrain will disappear on android device when I load from asset budnle, but it OK when the scene is include build.
    2. If I disable the terrain instance, and the standard shader seems not support and the result is pink, the legancy diffuse shader in terrain is OK.

I think the asset bundle does not force to build the correct shader_features for terrain. The Instancing Variants in graphics settings is strip unused