Search Unity

The SUPER First Person Controller is here! ... Sorta...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AedanCGraves, Aug 31, 2021.

1. AedanCGraves

AedanCGraves

Hey again, it's the developer behind this stupid thing.

I know it's wayyyy past June like I said in my last post, I cannot tell you how busy I am right now :D in a good way though.

SO. It's not really ready for prime time yet, and in two days I start a new 9-5, Combined with another project I got going with another team, I'll have like 5 minutes a week to work on this. So instead of just not releasing it at all until like 2025 (lets be real, that's my pace lately) I'll just throw it in a git repo and let people use it as it is or even contribute to it to get it ready for the Assets Store.

I definitely rushed to get it to a usable state, and it shows where I did. Mainly in the editor scripting and demo scene. But it is totally useable.

In the git readme there's a todo list for anyone who's feeling up for it.

So with out further ado, Here's the git link: https://github.com/Graves-Aedan/SUPERFirstPerson

Hope this'll land on the eyes of the people who're having trouble with the original. I probably won't be active on the git for a few months, be we'll see.

2. vertexx

vertexx

OK. Does it support VR goggles? Lots of these things work OK except for VR.

3. AedanCGraves

AedanCGraves

I can't say it does. I don't have the equipment to test VR nor much knowledge of VR camera control. And I can't imagine it's the kind of thing you can just add in within an hour and not run into bugs. That's not really what this aims to do unfortunately so I'm not sure if VR will ever be supported. Who knows though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I certainly wouldn't remove it if it as added in as a contribution