Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback The startup screen is pretty much useless

Discussion in '2022.2 Beta' started by Rowlan, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

What you (hardly) see as grey text on black background is a waste of everyone's vision. It passes by quickly and isn't readable at all. This should be improved and become a textarea, not a textfield. So that you can at least somehow trace it.

ss.jpg
    The same goes for those "Hold on ..." dialogs.

valarnur and Ruchir like this.
  2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Pretty sure the point of the tiny loading stage isn't to draw your attention when things work like they should but that it could be helpful if things stall for some reason and you can then see where it happens.

Also while I think the hold dialogs wouldn't need to be separate dialogs (but rather some progress indicator on the editors bottom bar etc), it does help in communicating that Unity is doing something now vs in past where the editor just froze for the same thing and some users could have assumed it was just broken and stuck. Showing the progress clearly is a good thing IMHO.

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

That it is, but I'd show it in a textarea, not a single textfield. Sometimes I think a process is stuck in a loop and there's no way to verify this let a alone an indicator for filing a bug report.