Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games The Skinwalker Investigations (VR Survival Horror) - For Fans Of Resident Evil and Silent Hill

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by GarrettCMiller, Jun 13, 2020.

1. GarrettCMiller

GarrettCMiller

Hi everyone! I am unveiling the alpha version of my new VR horror game called The Skinwalker Investigations. It's a survival horror game inspired by franchises like Resident Evil (TM), Silent Hill (TM), and The X-Files (TM) and by the real life Skinwalker Ranch in Utah (especially the events experienced by the Sherman family that lived there in the mid-90's, excellent summary of those events found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31a3DGLiB48).

The basic plot (so far):
    "Amidst dozens of reports of missing people, mutilated animals, unidentified lights in the sky, strange creatures, and odd, poltergeist-like activity, two FBI agents are sent to investigate a mysterious ranch in order to ascertain the truth...

...what they find becomes a nightmare beyond imagining!"

Alpha Trailer:

And some screenshots:

The Skinwalker Investigations 2020-04-09 22-55-25-99.jpg The Skinwalker Investigations 2020-04-09 22-55-34-79.jpg The Skinwalker Investigations 2020-04-09 22-55-40-73.jpg The Skinwalker Investigations 2020-04-09 23-01-19-96.jpg The Skinwalker Investigations 2020-04-09 23-06-19-39.jpg

I'm particularly looking for early testers right now. I haven't tested it on any other system than my own HTC Vive, so I'm not entirely sure how well it works on anyone else's system. I will upload the game and it's download link tomorrow (later today?)

2. GarrettCMiller

GarrettCMiller

I have redone the main enemies to look more like the creature known as the rake or forest ghoul, (I've also seen it as the Louisiana Swamp Monster). The reference image, as found on Google Images, is on the left, my in-game footage is on the right (behind what is a green glove holding a pistol).
    NewEnemy.png

And as promised, here is a zip of the build for anyone that wants to try it (~3GB, older build, doesn't have new enemy design yet):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CeBoGgpWSUjjgUg9vOUOE0Wpile-KqJ5/view?usp=sharing

As stated above, it's only for VR for right now (normal PC version is planned) and I've only tested it with my own HTC Vive. I don't know anybody within 100 miles of me who has a VR setup unfortunately. So it should work on other HTC Vives and it may work on other VR platforms like Oculus. This is my first attempt at VR game development, so I'm not 100% sure what steps are necessary to fully transfer the game to another computer.