Search Unity

"The server is currently unresponsive"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by OE310, May 22, 2019.

1. UrbanNuke

UrbanNuke

@safaGH i have a same problem. Above methods to help, don't work.

i tried use terminal to ping next addresses:
    • packages.unity.com
    • download.packages.unity.com
    • upm-cdn.unity.com (or upm-cdn-china.unitychina.cn for locations in China)
    It's work.

When i login, in logs get next error:

When i down my company connection and connect with wi-fi, i had a next error:

Please help me to resolve this problem. I can't download any packs from asset store for Unity Editor.

I'm used Unity Hub 2.1.3
    Thanks.

2. phhsadmin

phhsadmin

Having the same problem. Just downloaded 2.1.3. Whitelisted urls as recommended. Set HTTPS_PROXY and HTTP_PROXY and added port number on the end. Error in log "Failed to setup the network proxy Error: upstream proxy port is required. Two days wasted on this problem now.

3. savely00

savely00

Any updates on the issue? Unable to login after updating to Hub 2.2.1. I am behind the proxy using recommenced by Unity login script with proxy info setting HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY variables. Use to work before the hub update.

4. El_Comandante

El_Comandante

Having the same problem after updating to Hub 2.2.1

5. SiMIC_Dev

SiMIC_Dev

Issue is back after Updating the Unity Hub to 2.2.1. Has been working perfectly before, since it was fixed in a previous version. The proxy seems to be the issue again.

JjSilva likes this.
  6. sSteinmann

sSteinmann

same here can't login into Unity Hub 2.2.1 with HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY set (worked before the update)

7. Sweco-Martijn

Sweco-Martijn

I am having the same issue and i cannot submit an issue, perhaps it's due to the same problem.
    This pops up allot in the HUB log files :

Start Error: unable to verify the first certificate'
    for example :
    {"moduleName":"EditorDownloader","level":"warn","message":"[ 'Editor Download 2019.3.0f1: Start Error: unable to verify the first certificate' ]","timestamp":"2019-12-16T08:03:03.577Z"}

{"moduleName":"DownloadsCluster","level":"warn","message":"[ `Cluster cluster-2019.3.0f1: Invalid URL for module windows-il2cpp, won't download it. Error: {\"code\":\"UNABLE_TO_VERIFY_LEAF_SIGNATURE\"}` ]","timestamp":"2019-12-16T08:03:03.044Z"}

Also server not responding :
    {"moduleName":"CloudAnalytics","level":"info","message":"[ { Error: unable to verify the first certificate\n at TLSSocket.onConnectSecure (_tls_wrap.js:1257:34)\n at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:194:13)\n at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:734:8)\n at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:566:12)\n code: 'UNABLE_TO_VERIFY_LEAF_SIGNATURE',\n config:\n

EDIT :
    using this site : https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/2019.3#downloads i choose : "Install version from Unity Hub" and its installing...

8. SiMIC_Dev

SiMIC_Dev

Issue got resolved for me, but only because my company switched to a new proxy system. So this issue is definitely related to the proxy settings.

9. Twinklier

Twinklier

Eyyyy fellahs I've got my solution!!

Instead of going through unity hub, get into the unity directly.
    Locate your asset folder, find where you keep your scenes, and double click one of them.
    Works for me at least :)

duydung1988 and Boemak like this.
  10. workingclasshacker

workingclasshacker

Hi, I am having the same issue on Unity Hub 2.2.2
    I am behind a corporate proxy, but this proxy is setup using a PAC file, which means I cannot set the environment variables to point to anything because the proxy setup is dynamic.

This setup uses a self signed certificate chain to enable TLS inspection on the proxy. I cannot turn it off because it is managed by my company.

Other programs having issues with this on my system has usually been because they are using a version of libcurl that uses OpensSSL and the standard Mozilla CACerts bundle file. Locating that file and appending the missing certificates, or getting the program to use WinSSL (SChannel) instead has fixed the issue.

I have tried to add the upm-config.json file with an entry for caFile pointing to a bundle with self-signed chain in place ,and also pointing the NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS environment variable to that same bundle, however neither work.

I can confirm that Unity Hub is allowed through the defender firewall, and is excluded from defender realtime protection, also I am able to reach all the urls listed in this thread via a web browser.

But I still get "Server unresponsive" in the Unity Hub program, and these log entries in the log:

{"moduleName":"CloudConfig","level":"info","message":"[ 'Failed to refresh data, fallback to default data. Reason: unable to get local issuer certificate' ]","timestamp":"2020-02-09T19:29:59.484Z"}
    {"moduleName":"learnContentService","level":"info","message":"[ 'Failed to refresh data, fallback to default data. Reason: unable to get local issuer certificate' ]","timestamp":"2020-02-09T19:30:01.076Z"}

Anyone who can help me out?

11. KazYamof

KazYamof

SOLVED

Here's how I did:
    First, read: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-network.html

Step 1: The domains must be allowed in company's network:
    • packages.unity.com
    • download.packages.unity.com
    • upm-cdn.unity.com (or upm-cdn-china.unitychina.cn for locations in China)

Result:
    I was still getting erros of "Server unresponsive" and cant login, download packages, open the Asset Store inside Unity. But everything was workin on browser.

Step 2:
    I've create the environment variables on windows:

Result: I was still getting erros of "Server unresponsive"...

Step 3: I've followed the instruction step in "Setting environment variables for the Unity Hub" on the link.
    I've created the .bat file with the content of the environment variables followed by the call to execute the UnityHub:

@echo off
    set HTTP_PROXY=proxy-url
    set HTTPS_PROXY=proxy-url
    start "" "C:\Program Files\Unity Hub\Unity Hub.exe"

Result:
    is working! I can login, open asset store, manage licenses... But if I open the Hub directly by it's executable, doesn't work again. Only works if I execute by the .bat script.
    Well, good enough!

Even my "Diagnostics tool" throwing the erros above, everything seems to be working fine.
    upload_2020-2-17_11-26-27.png

The reported created:

C:\ProgramData\Unity\UnityPackageManagerDiagnostics\diagnostic_report_17_02_2020_112419,46.txt
    2 out of 6 checks passed:
    [
    {
    "name": "UPM registry reachable",
    "description": "Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry",
    "result": "FAIL",
    "detail": "Connection error. This could be because a proxy is misconfigured."
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM registry",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API",
    "detail": "No successful pings could be made in 5.338 seconds (0 failed)"
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM download",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint",
    "detail": "No successful pings could be made in 5.058 seconds (0 failed)"
    },
    {
    "name": "UPM registry download speed",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry",
    "detail": "Connection error. This could be because a proxy is misconfigured."
    },
    {
    "name": "Speedtest.net",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net",
    "result": "PASS",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the Speedtest.net server: 43.32 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "HTTP proxy environment variables",
    "description": "Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)",
    "result": "PASS",
    "detail": "Proxy support has been configured through the following environment variables:\nhttps_proxy = https://XXXXXX:XXXXXX@XXX.XXX.XXX.XX:XXXX\nhttp_proxy = http://XXXXXX:XXXXXX@XXX.XXX.XXX.XX:XXXX\nNO_PROXY = 127.0.0.1,localhost"
    }
    ]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  12. GhostbuGaming

GhostbuGaming

I also had the same issue. But i fixed it a minute ago. I don't know if this is going to work for you but it did work for me. I corrected the date and time and finally the problem was solved. Just try it and let me know if it works. My unity hub version is 2.2.2

13. munazaaa

munazaaa

can we use unity without internet connection?

14. Hydra_Dev_Studio

Hydra_Dev_Studio

In my case, it was an issue with blocked (not activated) ethernet adapter, but I also added public and private network exceptions in my Firewall (not only for Unity Hub but also for Unity Editor). I never faced such struggles before, until I formatted my PC (for other, unrelated reasons) and reinstalled Unity on a fresh system.

15. I_hope_Unity_DIES

I_hope_Unity_DIES

I just started having this problem myself a couple of minutes ago and for some reason, Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control had rules to block several *.exe's in Unity folder path even though I KNOW I didn't create them.

Annoying. o_O

Caprizy likes this.
  16. MaxGuernseyIII

MaxGuernseyIII

This problem resurfaced for me. "Server is unresponsive" --> silently fail to open. I reviewed the logs and got found "err_neetwork_changed" as one of the suspect entries. I switched to another network and it got rid fo the "server is unresponsive" warning (replaced with "your license is up to date"). The project still will not load.

Unity is silently sitting in the background, holding a lock on the log file and not doing much else. This is an irritating problem.

17. Taggler

Taggler

This issue is still consistently happening on our Mac mini. Not sure what is the issue but it's quite annoying

18. NilZee

NilZee

Hi everyone!
    Try this: In the asset store (the one in the unity editor, not the main website), instead of Signing in, press "create a new account" (or sth like this!) and then "I already have an account". Then fill in your login information and press submit. It worked for me, at least for a while. :))

19. unity_OJ04kbvk13Ng4g

unity_OJ04kbvk13Ng4g

how did u fix this error because I think my Kaspersky is blocking it too

20. Caprizy

Caprizy

Malwarebytes was causing this issue for me as well. Opened Malware Bytes, went to settings, clicked allow list, clicked add, allow file or folder, and selected the entire drive path folder ex: D:\Program Files (x86) and it worked!