Search Unity

"The server is currently unresponsive"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by OE310, May 22, 2019.

1. OE310

OE310

Hello,

Everytime I try to log in in Unity Hub 2.0, after writing all my credentials correctly, the following message comes up "The server is currently unresponsive", even though my internet connection looks good. I've tried using it with a different network and it worked properly, but I the network I use during my work throws this error.

Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks,

unity_7A-MrI9UYOnT1g likes this.
  2. mic_alex

mic_alex

Having the same issue from within my companies network. Used to work before the update

3. SiMIC_Dev

SiMIC_Dev

I have the same Issue, except that I don't get any error message. Also I can not send a bug report from within the Unity Hub. There I get the error message: "Something went wrong. Retry?". Everything also worked for me before the update to the Unity Hub 2.0. I believe that the Unity Hub is ignoring my proxy settings, as I can access the Unity Asset store (and sign-in) from within the Unity Editor just fine.

4. jackMeeksArup

jackMeeksArup

Have any of you guys been able to log in yet? Days later and it still seems to be a problem for me.

5. SiMIC_Dev

SiMIC_Dev

No success so far on my part for the Unity Hub or Unity Version 2019.x. I now also get the error message "The server is currently unresponsive". I can log in on previous Unity versions (2018.x) if I just start the corresponding Unity exe. The sign-in window that pops up works as before and I can sign into my Unity account. So my internet connection, firewall settings and proxy settings seem to be correct to work. It is definitely the new Unity Hub 2.0 that is problem for me.

6. SiMIC_Dev

SiMIC_Dev

The weird part is that I can't install new versions of Unity through the ADD button in the Hub (It does not find the new version and just shows me those versions that were available when I installed the Unity Hub 2.0), but if use the web page and select "Install version from Unity Hub" it works.

7. kevinhernandez_unity

kevinhernandez_unity

What web page? It'd be of great help if you could instruct me on this.

8. SiMIC_Dev

SiMIC_Dev

kevinhernandez_unity likes this.
  9. kevinhernandez_unity

kevinhernandez_unity

10. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    It would be great if you can report a bug using the hub bug reporter, and we can take a closer look into the logs and troubleshoot the issue.

Best,
    Afshin

11. ColbyASaxton

ColbyASaxton

Hello, when I attempt to report the bug, using the Bug Reporter, I receive an error and the bug cannot be reported. I am very disappointed and need to start development in Unity rather soon.

12. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

That means the hub is failing to reach unity servers. Are you behind a certain proxy? Can you see `https://id.unity.com` in your browser?
    Finally, if you can send a direct message to me with your logs, I can see what is the issue.
    Logs are here:
    Windows: `%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs`
    Mac: `~/Library/Application support/UnityHub/logs`
    Linux: `~/.config/UnityHub/logs`

13. mic_alex

mic_alex

Hey Afshin,

I send you a direct message via the forum messaging function with a link to the logs. Unfortunately you cannot attach files directly so I uploaded them to drive.
    I am behind a corporate proxy, however id.unity.com works just fine. Older versions of the hub, as well as old unity installs work as well.

14. filipelarocque

filipelarocque

Hello everybody!

I'm having the same issue. And for me it also started to happen in the new 2.0 hub.
    Any progress on this so far?

15. SiMIC_Dev

SiMIC_Dev

Hi Afshin,

I also send you my log files via direct forum messaging. I am also behind a corporate proxy and i can access `https://id.unity.com` just fine through my browser, but can not sign into my Unity account in the Hub 2.0 and Unit version 2019.x. The Unity Hub version before 2.0 work just fine, as well as unity Version 2018.x and earlier (I can use all features and can log into my unity account). Also the recent upgrade to the Hub version 2.0.1 did not resolve the issue.

16. Nyphur

Nyphur

This is still a problem. My internet connection went down today and I tethered my PC to my mobile internet, and now Unity Hub will not log in. I can still log into id.unity.com just fine and log into the asset store via the website no problem, but can't log into Unity Hub or log into the asset store from within Unity. The bug reporter also fails in this circumstance.

Looks like everyone is having the exact same issue when connecting via a proxy etc. I dug into my logs and it seems public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com is not being found when behind a proxy and for some reason the app then tries to connect directly to an internal network IP on port 443 for SSL auth. When attempting to ping public-cdn.cloud.unity3d.com when tethered on this network, I'm actually getting an IPv6 address rather than the IPv4 address I'd normally get.

17. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

The issue with the proxy is the highest priority issue in our list, and we are trying to reproduce/fix the issue.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience

18. ShwethaKrishnaa

ShwethaKrishnaa

Hello,
    I am behind a corporate network, this link opens `https://id.unity.com` in my browser. When contacted the IT support they had asked whether is there any proxy/ firewall that we need to unlock to access the unity?
    I tried downloading unity in home PC it seems to work well :). Kindly let me know the port number, protocol and Destination IP.

19. Nyphur

Nyphur

Tether your PC on EE mobile data in the UK, that should reproduce the bug (at least one cause of it).

20. ShwethaKrishnaa

ShwethaKrishnaa

Has anyone been able to log in again?

21. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

There were some connectivity issues with the login but now everything should be alright. As for the proxy issues, we will release later today the v2.0.2 which contains a fix for that problem.

22. ShwethaKrishnaa

ShwethaKrishnaa

Hello, thanks for the update, I installed unity again and still face the same problem. 'The server is currently unresponsive'.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  23. mic_alex

mic_alex

The update fixed the issue for me

24. SiMIC_Dev

SiMIC_Dev

The issue was also fixed for me with the new update :)

25. evanrennie

evanrennie

Having the same issues here with Unity Hub 2.0.2
    -Working behind company proxy
    -Can access https://id.unity.com
    -entering in correct login/password info results in no feedback just clears the login screen and does not login but displays "The Server is unresponsive"
    -entering incorrect login/password info results in error stating incorrect info entered
    -checked logs, most recent error leads me to believe it's a similar issue to Nyphur, except it looks like the error happens when trying to connect to api.unity.com:443 reason is getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND

edit:
    Got this fixed, issue was on my end. 2.0.2 works fine.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  26. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

You may be behind a certain firewall. I will check with the team if you need to set some variables for the proxy.

27. macman7943

macman7943

same. Still getting the same problem even with Version 2.0.2. can't find logs in the location you specified:\

28. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

You need to set HTTP/HTTPS_PROXY environment variables if you are behind a proxy and the hub should go through.

Logs are here:
    Windows: `%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs`
    Mac: `~/Library/Application Support/UnityHub/logs`
    Linux: `~/.config/UnityHub/logs`

Or if you just report a bug, the logs will be automatically uploaded with.

29. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

30. macman7943

macman7943

I'm not very experienced with this sort of stuff. How do I set HTTP/HTTPS_PROXY environment variables? honestly, don't know what that means.

31. ShwethaKrishnaa

ShwethaKrishnaa

Go to your command line and enter this:
    npm config set proxy http://proxy.company.com:8080
    npm config set https-proxy http://proxy.company.com:8080

Use your companies proxy name and port number, this worked for me. Hope it helps you as well

safaGH likes this.
  32. DarkSealer

DarkSealer

Well... I don't use proxy and yet I have the same problem. Can't login to my account and I can't see the latest versions of Unity in Unity Hub. The latest version I see there is Unity 2019.1.0f and it is pretty annoying...
    Oh... and I can't send a ticket from Unity Hub...

[Solved] It seems that Kaspersky Internet Security is a "bad boy" and blocked Unity Hub and other apps and they were not able to get any updates.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    safaGH likes this.
  33. chakravarthyelumalai

chakravarthyelumalai

@safaGH I too have this problem and really affecting productivity in our company. Can you please suggest how I should change the environment variables, so that this would be rectified? Thanks in advance and help much appreciated.

34. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

@chakravarthyelumalai :
    The problem certainly comes from your company connectivity configuration, try to get help from your IT department in order to investigate whether the network is blacklisting some of the unity urls or to set your proxy variables. See above.

35. darryl_wright

darryl_wright

I am having this problem as well.

My company does not use a proxy, I CAN access id.unity.com.

When I log into the hub (2.0.3), absolutely no error message appears, but it does not log me in.

If I log in and use a wrong password, it does come back saying I entered an incorrect password.

If there are settings my IT department needs to make, please let us know what those are and the reason those exist so we can relay that information properly. This is actually very frustrating for users to even attempt to use Unity when we cannot get started.

Edit: After checking the info-log.json, apparently I am getting the error of "Self signed certificate in certificate chain". What would this mean, and how do we fix it? Also, if the login is not working, why would there not be a message of some sort to the users?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  36. Popiolek

Popiolek

I had same issue on my company computer.
    It was our firewall blocking it. IT solved it by adding api.unity.com above SSL inspection protocol.

safaGH likes this.
  37. jburns1

jburns1

I am getting this exact same error.

38. pmasicat05

pmasicat05

My server is unresponsive aswell, I tried reporting the bug but it keeps telling me "something went wrong", please fix so I can make projects with Unity Personal

39. Pixel_Age

Pixel_Age

still having the same problem and it's 2 August

40. chrisseme

chrisseme

Same here, I have a hunch it's our company firewall, but there's no way to follow the above suggestion and get IT to solve it by "adding api.unity.com above SSL inspection protocol".
    Would be grand to get some more official trouble shooting for Unity Hub & server in commercial/industry environments.
    Thanks

41. TheMoonestOne

TheMoonestOne

I was having the same problem, but I just fixed (at least, for my case).
    My license had expired and I wasn't able to reactivate it as a Personal use, because of this server error.
    I tried a lot of things that weren't working, so I decided to I uninstall Unity Hub, open an older version of Unity (2017.3.1 in my case), and FINALLY I was able to reactivate my license with no problem. And then I opened the version I wanted to use (2019.1.2).
    I still didn't install Unity Hub again, but the problem was in there, probably, and I think that Hub will work now.

42. lewiswatson_55

lewiswatson_55

Hey! I was having a similar issue. The hub wouldn't let me install the latest version of Unity on my machine and I could not activate my personal license. I manually added my license and everything is working. Thought I'd post in the hope it helps somebody out!

irfanbaysal1997 likes this.
  43. irfanbaysal1997

irfanbaysal1997

Thanks for your post !! I have been trying to deal with this issue for a while . Manually licence activation is worked

44. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello guys !
    Please update to the latest version of the hub (v2.1) and try returning and reactivating your licenses. If you are still experiencing such an error try maybe to uninstall and reinstall the hub. If it didn't work, please tell us through the bug reporter so that we can investigate in the logs.