Search Unity

The ScriptMachine does not start in the build

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by NovaEiz, Jun 7, 2021.

1. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

Hi.

If the Script Machine has my CustomNodes whose scripts are in the package, then ScriptMachine does not start.

How to solve it?

2. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

Correction.
    Scripts do not work if the package is located in the "Project/Packages/" folder. I moved all the packages to the "Assets/" folder and then everything works as it should.
    I did not check the remote connection of packages, or the local connection of packages on a different path. I believe that if the package in the "Project/Packages/" folder does not work, then the remote one will not work either.

It's terribly inconvenient.
    How to use Visual Scripting with packages?

3. MasterSubby

MasterSubby

You must use a prebuild processor if you're nodes are in a custom package. Reality Stop (Community Add-ons originator) has been nice enough to provide the processor we use as well, in another open source repository on its own.

https://github.com/RealityStop/Unity.LinkMerge

NovaEiz likes this.
  4. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

Thanks!
    Now I understand.
    But it does not suit the additional file in the project at all.
    I want to add a package, and not do any things to fix something, in each next new project.

So I'll just add the Preserve tag to each class I've written.

5. MasterSubby

MasterSubby

This file goes in an editor assembly in your package. Not added to the project as something separate. So when you add your package, nothing else to do. Assuming that is what you were saying?

NovaEiz likes this.
  6. NovaEiz

NovaEiz

Oh, right!
    I read it wrong)

But still, personally, it will be more convenient for me to add the Preserve tag.
    Thanks!

MasterSubby likes this.