Search Unity

The Report (W.I.P Title + Horror game)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by GoldGamerGod, Oct 20, 2013.

1. GoldGamerGod

GoldGamerGod

Hello ladies and gentlemen! I am currently working on my first game, which will be a horror game. I wont be giving out much of the info at this time, but I will include progress, some info on the game, and stuff to come!
    Lets get started with the game itself.

You play as a reporter named Alex, recently moved into town and got a new job at the local newspaper. A recent story, and horror, was the last guy who worked in your place was killed at the towns park, which is filled with beautiful forests, mountains, and more.
    Your boss gave you the assignment to go to the park, which has now been closed for the last three months since the accident, your job is to go and find out what happened to the reporter since the police could find no trace of him. (Crazy boss, right?)
    When you get there, you have the feeling somethings wrong,in short, if the police can't find him, how can you?

Thats all of the story i'm giving away at the time-being.

Now I have some things I can show you which is already done, which is mainly bits and pieces of the terrain. $ObjectB.png $ObjectA.png $PicC.png $PicB.png $PicA.png

Thats all i'll be showing, but thats not all the work done so far.
    Some things that will come in the future will be things such as more of the terrain, buildings, Graphics, and more!
    I can't reveal anything else, since I would like to keep everything else under-wraps till a tad bit more is done!

Please list your ideas on what you think of everything so far!

P.S - Reposted since I posted on 'Showcase'.

2. nikay

nikay

Pretty hard to say something about the information and pictures given :) Is this game going to take place at day or at night? Building tension will be much easier at night but doesn't really connects with the story, unless the whole atmosphere and environment distracts from the fact, that a normal person wouldn't investigate a park at nighttime :) On the other hand it is kind of hard to build up tension at daytime.

For the terrain: Use more textures for the ground. Take it from reality. A tree loses leaves, so take textures with fallen leaves and brush them where a bunch of trees are (simply said).

Please update so that I can tell you more ideas. Check out my post in WIP. Maybe this will deliver something you like :)

3. GoldGamerGod

GoldGamerGod

The game will be at night, the full story line (Which will be given soon, once I get on my other computer with that file) will explain why its night. In short, so you know, the park was very far away from the main city/town, so by the time you arrive there, its night.
    Updates are somewhat slow since I like to take my time designing everything and redo it so I can get the perfect style for it.

Thanks for the terrain idea, I was planning on using more textures, I just want to get the main design done, then start adding more detail in.
    Recently I came across a glitch in the Unity Engine, which combined Normal maps and Baking shadows, which I read is impossible to do without UnityPro, so I have a little advantage there. Currently I am working on the cabins which will be placed around the map (There will be two types, a Ranger one and a Camp Cabin style)

4. nikay

nikay

Just keep this thread alive, I've already subscribed to it and are excited for updates on this project :)

5. GoldGamerGod

GoldGamerGod

Thanks! I will be posting a few more updates on the terrain once just a tad more work is done in one of the areas i've been working on.

6. Shastafication

Shastafication

I can imagine a lot of jump scares in this and the park being extremely dark with you only having a flash light to light the way.

7. GoldGamerGod

GoldGamerGod

The latest area is about 80% completed, more meshes are currently being designed for this area, which is one of the main sites of the game.
    As you can see, finding it in-game will be quite hard with the combine of two effects, night, and the trees blocking it.
    The game will be basic, but because of map design and features, will be very hard to complete, giving what I hope is at least a few hours of entertainment.

$PicA.png

8. GoldGamerGod

GoldGamerGod

Sorry for taking so long to reply, i've been somewhat busy.

some info!

-The map will be changed to a more base-like area, keeping a woods around it, but not playable, this allows the map to shrink and add more detail.
    -Many new models are done, one which I am currently doing the UV map for, which is the monster, we have a picture below.

$Monster.png

A tad basic design, with a advanced look when its all finished.
    New props have been built, but will not be shown yet.

Not to much has happened, and i'm sorry for that, I just ran into a few problems with life, but the design of this game will always progress.