Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

The QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsRenderersPerFrame is not existed on iOS device.

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by watsonsong, Nov 22, 2018.

1. watsonsong

watsonsong

I modify the QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsRenderersPerFrame when the game quality is change. It throw an exception:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. called non-existent method System.Void UnityEngine.QualitySettings::set_streamingMipmapsRenderersPerFrame(System.Int32)
    Is this property missing on mobile device?

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It's not possible to change this while the system is running, as it will be using internal buffers that need resizing.

It's set to read only at runtime and writable in the editor only.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  3. watsonsong

watsonsong

But the streamingMipmapsRenderersPerFrame can be changed when I switch quality level.
    The quality level configuration can not add to asset bundle so I can not change it by update the assetbundle for mobile apps. I write a scriptable object to store all quality settings and store it in asset bundle so I can change the quality setting without require the user download a new apk or ipa file.

4. lyndon_unity

lyndon_unity

Unity Technologies

It sounds like you might be calling QualitySettings.streamingMipmapsRenderersPerFrame directly ?
    Can you avoid that ?
    Do you need this value to be different when you switch quality level?

If you had various quality settings in the original app you could call QualitySettings.SetQualityLevel to select the active one. This method should not throw an exception.

5. watsonsong

watsonsong

Yes, there is no need to change this streamingMipmapsRenderersPerFrame for each quality level. I just notify when I change the quality level, this value can be changed, so I think it should be changed by code directly.

What I want to do is putting the whole quality settings into asset bundle, do I can hotfix the quality settings when necessary without reinstall the game.

6. lyndon_unity

lyndon_unity

Unity Technologies

Do you have a simple reproduction example you can share?