Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug The projector is buggy with Win 2022.1.7f1

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by mcmount, Nov 5, 2023.

1. mcmount

mcmount

I have a VR space, which transforms to any room, hallway or whatever. So, it's like you are standing at the empty studio space, and I add an invisible sphere with a projector, which fills the sphere with a fancy video effect block textures. Then the sphere goes completely black, and this is when I set the visibility of the upcoming space on and delete the sphere. The projector starts to reveal the next scene, block by block. And yes, I know it's all about UV mapping, and it looks just insanely incredible.

So now, what I have, is a upcoming room and having the projector "revealing" this upcoming room. Now, from the Unity perspective it gets fu*ked up big time.

I have the room as a single object, and the furniture I want to relocate as own objects. All in the same FBX. What happens with the Unity is that I can see ALL of my separate furniture at (0,0,0) location as duplicates when projected. I can also see these same furniture where I moved them, having the effect I want. So for some unknown reason I seem to have duplicate projected surfaces, even when at the Maya the location of each object is FAR off from Vector3.zero. And yes, it's not matter of layers, this kind of bug shouldn't exists with this kind of game engine.

I also investigated this issue bit more, and yes, the projector has been buggy for years according all the complaints. Why don't these kind of bugs get fixed?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023