Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

The performance on new versions drops dramatically.

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by NVJOB, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NVJOB

NVJOB

unityfps.png
    The drop in performance can be seen not only when measured by the script, but also when profiling. Perhaps such a performance drawdown will be visible only on weak PCs.
    It worries me a lot, since I had to spend a lot of time to roll back the version and restore all the project backups for the old version.
    I would be glad if the developers paid more attention to performance, rather than bringing new cosmetic improvements. The higher the engine performance, the more complex and interesting the games themselves will be, because the added performance can be utilized into new features of the game itself.
    I really like Unity and I want him to develop for the better.

Code (CSharp):
    1. //The script is written according to the calculation of the average value in mathematics.
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UnityEngine.UI;
    7. public class FPSDisplay : MonoBehaviour {
    8.     ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    10.     public Text averageFPSLabel;
    11.     public int frameUpdate = 60;
    13.     //-------
    15.     List<float> fpsBuffer = new List<float>();
    16.     float fps;
    18.     ////////////////////////////////
    20.     void Update ()
    21.     {
    22.         //-------      
    24.         if (fpsBuffer.Count < frameUpdate) fpsBuffer.Add(1f / Time.deltaTime);
    25.         else
    26.         {
    27.             for (int f = 0; f < fpsBuffer.Count; f++) fps += fpsBuffer[f];
    28.             fps = fps / fpsBuffer.Count;
    29.             averageFPSLabel.text = Mathf.CeilToInt(fps).ToString();
    30.             fpsBuffer = new List<float>();
    31.             fpsBuffer.Add(1f / Time.deltaTime);
    32.             fps = 0;
    33.         }
    35.         //-------
    36.     }
    38.     ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    39. }

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

@reset86 provide case number and actual example project.

To deleted respondents (no-one in particular):

Hi, this is the Alpha forum so only relevant alpha issues with a case number or clear study will be accepted. All useless or noisy replies deleted. Stay on topic. Alpha access is not a right but a privilege.

If you object a post in future by a user, especially in alpha or beta forums, and you are not a moderator or staff, then do not engage the user in an argumentative fashion. You can post if it will be a simple piece of assistance. Stick to facts, clear short points and don't repeat your points.

Basically if you aren't using alpha or beta for your specific questions intended for Unity staff, then the correct action is do not post. This is so that Unity staff have a much clearer signal to noise ratio and can much more efficiently do their jobs.

The forum for chit-chat is here: https://forum.unity.com/forums/general-discussion.14/

LeonhardP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.