Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Other The official Unite Now HDRP video tutorial is really good and I've to share it again

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by echu33, Oct 1, 2022.

1. echu33

echu33

I mainly work in Built-in RP and URP and have little knowledge about physics-based lighting.
    Recenly started to playing around with HDRP and download some sample project from github.
    As I expected. the settings looks overwhelming complex at first glance. Even after taking time reading the HDRP manual.

Here's some offical post I've collect that introduce HDRP.
    HDRP: Out of Preview in 2019.3
    HDRP Getting Started Settings
    How to set up Unity's High Definition Render Pipeline for high-end visualizations

But I think this video tutorial by Pierre Yves Donzallaz are by far the Best/Clear tutorial for HDRP I've ever seen. It help me to understand the exposure and all those parameters releated to physical camera.

I know the link to this video can be found on top of this sub-forum (which I think has a very un-attractive formmating....).
    But man....this tutorial is criminally underadvertised and should be recommand to other beginner like me that wants to start get hands on HDRP.

//Bonus
    Here's the Japanse version and Chinese subtitle version If you are the correspond language speker.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Deleted User likes this.
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yeah it's a really good guide. People need to pay attention to the lighting segments and watch it a few times. This way they'll understand what they need to change for time of day and how to reliably change it (matching iconography, exposure etc).

3. Enigma229

Enigma229

They need to do an updated one based on all the changes since 2020.