Search Unity

The Next Game Boss Online Game Dev Show (Features Unity to Make Games)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adeno, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Adeno

Adeno

IGN finally showed the first episode of The Next Game Boss! It's really entertaining and sometimes funny especially when you meet the contestants. There's even one who looks definitely like Mr. Bean, and his team's name is "Team Bean" lol! It also seems that the engine they are all using to create games is Unity. Even the prizes at the end of the competition include Unity and some other software, along with $10,000.

In the first episode, they introduced the different game dev teams. Mr. Bean's a solo game dev. Their first duty was to think of an idea that they'll turn into a game as the competition moves along. Those with good ideas which were presented in a very good way managed to survive the first round, while those who came up with horrible ideas that never got the judges excited were kicked out. One of the judges is from Lucas Arts.

Here's the first episode, I'm pretty sure a lot of unity devs will enjoy watching this series:

Code (csharp):
    1. http://www.youtube.com/start
    :D

2. taumel

taumel

How low can game development go...

3. windexglow

windexglow

I lasted 4 and a half minutes.

4. TehWut

TehWut

I'll watch it later, but based on the comments here I'm not so sure...

It also did appear like they used Unity.

5. Adeno

Adeno

I think most of them were forced to act by the director. I honestly can't believe people would act that way in a normal scenario. The arrogant people sure deserved to get their result though lol!

6. Duskling

Duskling

That was pretty bad. Do developers really act like that all the time? I feel like ign needs to experience development head on some more to fully understand some actually interesting challenges for these guys.

7. npsf3000

npsf3000

I liked it.