Search Unity

Showcase The new HDRP water System is Amazing!

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Ramezov, May 30, 2023.

1. Ramezov

Ramezov

Finally, Unity created its first Water system, and it is fantastic! In this video, I will show you how to install this HDRP water system and create a realistic ocean scene, in addition to explaining briefly the most important features of this water system. Note: this is a new feature in Unity 2023.2 Alpha using HDRP version 16, but it also will be available in the Unity 2022 LTS.

jalbastefan828 and chap-unity like this.
  2. impheris

impheris

mmm i'm not a hater, i think unity is... cool... but to me, at least to me, that water does not looks "the most realistic" and for HDRP it doesn't looks good, it looks almost like water from 2018's games, in fact, it looks like URP's water from that boat attack demo scene (i would not be surprised if that is the case)

Marcos-Schultz and AcidArrow like this.
  3. shikhrr

shikhrr

Thanks for the video. Finally a good quality water system for free.

4. unity_8p6oRXXqiWbRTQ

unity_8p6oRXXqiWbRTQ

Nice Video! Can you make maybe another one about the rivers? Would be kind of interesting to know about them too...

5. northman

northman

How to create water deformer (waves) in this new water system on Unity2022.3.f2 ? I can't find out the waterDeformer.cs on my unity. How can I do? or the water deformer just only works on Unity2023, right?

6. impheris

impheris

not supported on 2022 LTS... yeah, great

7. GTA_6

GTA_6

The new island demo water looks much better, but definitely don't expect something next gen!