Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback The new HDRP Template scene should be Raytracing-friendly

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by alexandre-fiset, Oct 15, 2020.

1. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

I love the new HDRP template, but one thing that bugged me is that everything is a static affair. I believe that scene would be a nice opportunity to test-drive day & night cycles under raytraced environment. It is a simple, yet good looking scene.

With the old construction site scene, I would just deactivate everything static, switch to raytracing and bam that would work, as shown below:

With the new minimalist rooms scene, however there is no way to make it work. The scene uses a shadow proxy that does not respond well to raytracing. Plus, as soon as lightmaps are deleted, the scene becomes overlit both in edit and play mode.

it would be nice to soon have nice built-in test drive for raytracing as it would show how to support both (raytracing and no-raytracing) for the same scene.

FernandoMK likes this.
  2. newguy123

newguy123

There's a new template?!?

Did you get it from GIT or it's built into the latest 2020.2 beta?

3. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

You can get it if you create a new HDRP project with 2020.2 Beta 6 and above.

4. newguy123

newguy123

great, thanks!

5. Baobabus

Baobabus

I do not see any HDRP templates for currently available Unity 2020.2.1 f1. Am I missing something?