Search Unity

Resolved The name 'VersionControlSettings' does not exist in the current context

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by mrphilipjoel, Jan 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrphilipjoel

mrphilipjoel

Edit: Appears the issue was I had my cloud build settings for 2019. I switched to 'auto detect' for unity version, and i think that fixed it.

Greetings,

I recently upgraded my project from 2019 to 2020.
    Of course I ran into a few console errors, but I resolved them quickly (my project is very small, so that helps).

My cloud builds are all failing now though.

I think it is mostly due to having 2019 Collaborate in the project. I have tried removing the version control package and building, but get same TMP errors. I have tried removing TMP and re-adding it, and get same errors. I have tried deleting the library folder, but I still get the same errors.

Another weird thing, is I don't think my cloud build is using my local library folder. Because on my git page, there is no library folder. So does cloud build use its own library folder?

[Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll
    [Unity] Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.6/Scripts/Editor/TMP_PackageUtilities.cs(1008,84): error CS0103: The name 'VersionControlSettings' does not exist in the current context
    [Unity] Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.6/Scripts/Editor/TMP_PackageUtilities.cs(586,84): error CS0103: The name 'VersionControlSettings' does not exist in the current context
    [Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Unity.CollabProxy.Editor.dll
    [Unity] Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.15.7/Editor/Collaborate/UserInterface/Bootstrap.cs(23,20): error CS0117: 'Collab' does not contain a definition for 'ShowChangesWindow'
    [Unity] Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.15.7/Editor/Collaborate/Models/Providers/Collab.cs(108,22): error CS1061: 'Collab' does not contain a definition for 'ChangeItemsChanged' and no accessible extension method 'ChangeItemsChanged' accepting a first argument of type 'Collab' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    [Unity] Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.15.7/Editor/Collaborate/Models/Providers/Collab.cs(109,22): error CS1061: 'Collab' does not contain a definition for 'SelectedChangeItemsChanged' and no accessible extension method 'SelectedChangeItemsChanged' accepting a first argument of type 'Collab' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    [Unity] Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.15.7/Editor/Collaborate/Models/Providers/Collab.cs(110,22): error CS1061: 'Collab' does not contain a definition for 'RevisionUpdated_V2' and no accessible extension method 'RevisionUpdated_V2' accepting a first argument of type 'Collab' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    [Unity] Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.15.7/Editor/Collaborate/Models/Providers/Collab.cs(112,22): error CS1061: 'Collab' does not contain a definition for 'CollabInfoChanged' and no accessible extension method 'CollabInfoChanged' accepting a first argument of type 'Collab' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    [Unity] Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.15.7/Editor/Collaborate/Models/Providers/Collab.cs(114,22): error CS1061: 'Collab' does not contain a definition for 'ErrorOccurred_V2' and no accessible extension method 'ErrorOccurred_V2' accepting a first argument of type 'Collab' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)​

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  2. weber-jaroslaw-dmm

weber-jaroslaw-dmm

Same thing happening when moving from 2019 lts to 2020 lts.
    It is happening only in iOS build.

I was able to get rid of the error by removing VersionControl package (we don't use it anyway)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  3. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

UCB uses library caching from previous builds. Have you tried to build a clean build after turning off Collaborate and removing the package?

jeetendra2020dev and Todiloo like this.
  4. duda444

duda444

Hey, guy! I don't know if this is correct, but I commented out the
    ' VersionControlSettings.mode != "Visible Meta Files" ' and it worked again

Loaf_of-Bread likes this.
  5. waqas007

waqas007

go to package manager and remove text mesh pro

6. Nubees

Nubees

Thanks waqas007 - Your solution worked like a charm , "...Shaken ... not stirred ..."

7. Acreates

Acreates

Just getting this issue, was this resolved?

8. Parakkrama

Parakkrama

(|| VersionControlSettings.mode != "Visible Meta Files" ) remeove it

9. darketernal666666

darketernal666666

For me what resolved the problem was uninstalling Text Mesh Pro and then reinstalling it.

Unity->window->Package Manager->Unity Registry->TextMeshPro.

I couldn't get rid of Text Mesh Pro because it had some dependencies, but reinstalling it did the trick. Everyone's situation is different though, so it might not work, but no damage is done with this solution as far as i can tell.

10. AndreiSager

AndreiSager

What resolved my problem was updating to the latest version of the Text Mesh Pro

Unity->window->Package Manager->Unity Registry->TextMeshPro.2.0.1 ->TextMeshPro.2.1.6

upload_2024-2-16_20-3-41.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.