Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

The "moving to Unity 5" thread

Discussion in 'Android' started by sphericPrawn, Mar 3, 2015.

1. sphericPrawn

sphericPrawn

Just finished porting my current Android project over to Unity 5 and figured I'd mention a few things I've noticed so far:

*Porting, for me, was incredibly painless. My project isn't extremely complex, but I was still a little surprised at how simple it was. After Unity 5 did its automatic update process, the few things I had to do to get everything working the way they were in 4.6 were trivial at best.

*Build sizes seem to have increased a little. The build made from my project in Unity 5 is about 3.5MB greater than my last build in 4.6. Checked the compression settings for various assets etc. but they all appear to have carried over correctly.

*No updated splash-screen. The "Unity" splash-screen for non-pro versions was identical to 4.6, checked both portrait and landscape orientation. Not a big deal to me but I figured it's worth mentioning.

Anyone notice other things worth mentioning?

2. AgusB

AgusB

I don't care about the splash art, my problem is that my game has no touch input, it does not detect touch input!!!
    I have Scenes with uGUI, NGUI (wanted to migrate to uGUI but slowly) and input directly from code and neither of it works!
    It works in the editor but not on the device, it used to on 4.6...

3. sphericPrawn

sphericPrawn

@AgusB That's strange, no problems with any touch input for my project. Mine also has touch through uGUI and through code and both are working as normal. Could it be a compatibility issue with NGUI still being present?

4. Inexperienced

Inexperienced

My game is not receiving touch input either. I also tried mouse events and it doesn't respond to those either.

5. AgusB

AgusB

I tried with another project and thankfully it worked, so I found the problem was with some of the plugins that I use (some mess with the android activities), we'll have to wait till they update to 5.0 compatibility or else find a replacement, anyway glad that I found out.

6. Djal

Djal

May we know which one it was? I have the same issue, could not firgure it out for now.

7. zazoum

zazoum

Any ideas on the touch problem. I'm having the same one. I upgrade from 4.6 to 5 and the device doesn't recognize any touch anymore. Works perfectly in the editor or Unity Remote.

I have two plug-ins: A* Pathfinder Project Free and BooleanMesh.