Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Games The Last Warmage Demo Released!

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by GergelyM, Apr 19, 2024.

1. GergelyM

GergelyM

Hello!

The Last Warmage is a fast-paced, new take on Tower Defense-like game where mana management and strategic spellcasting are crucial. The main campaign follows the story of the dark elf Yoradhin, expanded with a variety of side quests.

I'm a solo developer so I welcome constructive feedback.
    The development of the game is still ongoing, but I'm already doing the final touches on it.

Steam store page:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2917430/The_Last_Warmage/

Thank you for reading this post!

2. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Looks cool, my feedback:
    I went with "stat based marketing tags" on my game, e.g. "over 40 types of enemy" but probably it is better to say "battle a huge range of unique enemies!"
    The cut scenes in the video look cool but the game itself feels kind of static. The camera doesn't seem to move at all? Even a little up down left right motion will make the game feel more exciting I think.

Good luck with your project!

GergelyM likes this.
  3. GergelyM

GergelyM

Thanks for the feedback!

Camera movement can be distracting during combat due to aiming, but I did add some camera shake for certain spells and explosions, which isn't really visible in the video. I like your idea though, and thank you for the suggestion. I'll consider how it could be implemented without disrupting the gameplay.

jamespaterson likes this.