Search Unity

The island of dimensions [WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by keraj37, May 21, 2012.

1. keraj37

keraj37

Hi,

I just started my personal project of the name as in the thread title. It is hard to me explaint what it is going to be - maybe some kind of joint between edu soft, estetic experiance, sciense disertation (about dimension theory - mainly mine, but inspired by 'Imagining the Tenth Dimension', a book by Rob Bryanton). More info soon with progress.

Here are some screenshots that gives an idea of visual side of 'the project'.

I have used free model and textures.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. virror

virror

Wow, looks awsome.
    Vere did you find all those great looking models?

3. keraj37

keraj37

Hi,

Thanks!

I cannot say, whre is it from, it is just on my hard drive with brief note - I was 3D Artist in game art before so, I collected few GB of 3D resources, and not all objects etc are 3rd person stuff. If you like the visual look, I quess it is mainly thanks to the Linear color space, and Beast in wchich are baked lightmaps. Before I was baking textures in 3ds max and vray - in that way, you way achive very nice resoults, up to full photorealism, but you need unique uv maps and textures fore every object. This is very build size eating.

I hope to show Unity WebPlayer soon.

JS

4. virror

virror

Of course, wont matter how good the models are, the most important thing are how they are presented in the level, and it looks like you have made a great job with that : )

5. TehWut

TehWut

Wow, those are amazing scenes, you should really make this into something cool

6. Torsh

Torsh

Looks really good. :)

7. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Looks great. I did notice that the ground textures seem a little low res though. :)

8. JeremiahPena

JeremiahPena

Beautiful scenes, I'm looking forward to where this will go, and your description is very compelling in a sort of vague unimaginable way.

9. keraj37

keraj37

Virror: Thanks!

TehWut: I'll do my best! Thanks!

Torsh: Thanks!

brilliantgamestudios: Yes, many textures need to be replaced with those with higher resolution - specialy ground. Thanks!

Jcoaster2008: Thanks! I just need to use skill given me by God to good use.

Here is Unit Webplayer build - the problem is that it is placed on my personal free web server, that limits the one file size to 6mb (WebPlayer file has 25mb - yes, not optimized), so it is very likely you will get unity3d error: "Bad file length", for web server sometimes cancels the download. Anyway sometimes it doesnt :)

JS

http://keraj37.netai.net/dim_isl/0.0.1/

[EDIT]

I forgot to say, that that build has actually nothing of code and colliders etc - it has even my 'test of realistic FPP camera shake' :). So don't worry if you managed to fall down or pass through buildings.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  10. pixellegolas

pixellegolas

many use dropbox to put webplayer. I use it myself and you see it in my sig. I think you get 4gb when you start and then more. I have 9gb now. Works really good

11. impheris

impheris

error failed to download data or something like that... a standalone version its better :p

12. Mr.M1k4

Mr.M1k4

This map comes from the game "Sea Dogs 2", so i wouldn't use it if i were you, because some people will recognize it and non-original things make people not want to play a game. Still, i hope you keep working on this.

13. Jaimi

Jaimi

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  14. keraj37

keraj37

pixellegolas: Yes, I even have account - I should use it.

impheris: As above.

Mr.M1k4, Jaimi: Thanks for the info! I didn't know where is it from - anyway my project is NON-commercial - I hope it won't couse problems - if it does, back to modeling (whcih I don't like anymore :) )

JS