Search Unity

The Info.plist contains a key 'UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by IndieFist, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

It's probably low on the list of things to fix, since it's not a serious problem. Sure, it freaks out people making an iOS build for the first time. But it's easy to find the this thread and easy to fix by hand, or using a script someone wrote here. For industrial Unity users, it's barely a problem.

2. mansdferg

mansdferg

Even here in 2020 I encountered the same issue and this thread was a lifesaver. thanks so much!

3. chriszul

chriszul

This is now an important issue as Apple have made this a full error, it's no longer a warning. I can't submit my build. Building using Unity 2018.3, I am going to update to 2018.4 LTS to see if it fixes.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  4. kaarloew

kaarloew

I can confirm this.

5. anthodb

anthodb

Same here...

6. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

Sure you can. Just use one of the fixes in this thread.

It's totally annoying to go through Apple's sloth-paced upload only to be told "change this 1 thing and do it again", especially when it seems you could have gotten that error at the _start_ instead of the end. Warning to error probably moves the priority for Unity up a tiny bit. But still low -- it's still a 1-time minor inconvenience for us end-users.

7. chriszul

chriszul

I updated to Unity 2018.4 which fixed the issue, so happy days, or so I thought. However then the game started crashing quite a bit. Here is one of the crashes that was introduced in 2018.4 (the LTS version!!) :

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ng-control-center-with-particle-system-active

My alternatives are to either update to 2020.1 or revert to 2018.3 and implement the post build event from this thread. I will go for the latter, thank you nastashonok for that.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  8. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

Thanks!!

9. AytoMaximo

AytoMaximo

And what if i NEED this key? For example, I don't want my app to be working in background.
    Does it mean that I want too much nowadays?

10. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

Complain to Apple. It's their key. It's always been. They're the ones who removed it. It sounds like they had a good reason -- Apps don't actually run in the background, and having yours quit on suspend wastes batteries -- https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...t-experts-apple-smartphone-data-a7850566.html

11. BjoUnity3d

BjoUnity3d

2017.4.37f1 <--- app REJECTED because of this. Obviously not fixed yet March 2020

12. tataygames

tataygames

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 8.49.45 AM.png

"SOLVED"

Goto your folder, open Info.plist. After open in Xcode
    (right click anywhere) and then click the Show Raw Key Values

The UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend variable will appear delete it.

Then I successfully upload mine without errors, and I test it on my device and it has no problem at all.
    working 100%

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 8.46.01 AM (2).png Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 8.52.19 AM.png

13. spkmark

spkmark

I noticed if you double click on info.plist in the app bundle down the left column under bundle identifier it says... "com.wateveryouhave.${PROJECT_NAME}... I would assume in most cases that causes an error because the last part isnt always the same as the project name.. to late for me to try.. will give it a whirl tomorrow.

14. joepeijkemans

joepeijkemans

It doesnt work for me. Upon uploading I get the error that info.plist is missing some keys