Search Unity

The Hotel - survival horror game for PC/OSX/IOS/XBOX

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ilpalaAV, Oct 3, 2022.

1. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

Do you remember when survival horror games where different?
    When weapons and ammo were limited?
    When "TANK CONTROLS" were a thing?
    Or when there were only "fixed camera" angles?

Well then you'll love The Hotel!

Inspired by survival horror games of the last decade, The Hotel follows the story of Alex and Judie, as fate leads them to a dark and forgotten hotel while on vacation.

It's not long before they are plunged into terror and encounter zombies and other creatures. In order to survive, they must solve a series of puzzles, find hints, and grab all the weapons and ammo they can find. Will they be able to escape? Only you can decide.

The main game takes place in an hotel that has almost 90 different rooms to explore and secrets to find. You'll need to solve puzzle to progress through the story. Some are easy, while others are more tricky. Your ammo reserves will be limited, so you'll need to play smart in order to stay alive and escape.

The Hotel features two different routes:
    At the beginning you will play as Alex. Once you finish his route, Judie will be unlocked and you'll play through a slightly different version of the story.

Finally, the choices you make along the way will unlock different costumes for your characters.
    Can you find them all?

Technical Specification
    The PC and xbox version is made with Unity 2019.4.28f1 with HDRP.
    The iOS and OSX version is made with Unity 2022 with URP.

Just to sum up...
    The game took me 3 years to complete and will be released in 2 weeks on steam (pc/osx) and Appstore (iOS).
    The xbox version is taking a little more time due to some contract to sign with Microsoft and will be available in a month!

You can learn more @ https://fearmyhotel.com/

URPian and DrMeatball like this.
  2. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

3. Alexis_Zarate

Alexis_Zarate

Interesting, made in unity, I'll try the demo to see how it goes.

4. John3D

John3D

I'm not into horror games, but your trailer is well made.
    Good luck with your survival horror game!

5. impheris

impheris

looks interesting, i'll try it now, is this your first project?

6. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

Hi, thanks for the comments!!
    Yes it’s my first project!
    There are a lot more improvements that will be released (both in demo and in the complete version) in a week!

7. impheris

impheris

good work, the graphics looks very cool for being your first project, good luck, later i'll give you some feedback

8. impheris

impheris

Ok Feedback...
    1 - I really hate the movement, i now you are going for tank movement but you need to improve it because it feels really bad xD

2 - Graphics are very cool, maybe no the best on the market but it works and it also runs very nicely, but you need to work on darker areas, make sure the character is always visible even on darker areas

3 - I laughed so hard with the "don't dead open inside" reference XD well done

4 - in this types games with those cameras, would be very good make the shooting more easy, try doing the hit colliders of the zombies bigger

5 - You really need to work on the skin shader, are you using SSS?

6 - there are some objects that lacks shadows and look off

7 - please, make a button to exit to the main menu and one to exit the game complitely

9. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

There are a lot of options but you have to look for them:
    - Menu; by pressing 1 or 3 (rb or lb if using xbox controller) you change page of the menu.
    There are quit and other options
    - you can choose the resident evil 1 remake controls that are relative to camera.

in the next patch the UI will be completely different. I received similar feedback from other users.

10. impheris

impheris

tank controls are ok, but in your game, feels really bad but i do not know how to explain it, maybe you can try to imitate RE2 or 3 (classic) movements or dino crisis 2 movement, it feels like is not going exactly where i want

11. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

I can’t understand… these controls are exactly like the 1998 re2. The v2 controls are also pretty similar to the r1r. What controller are you using?

12. impheris

impheris

i'm using an xbox controller, when i play re2 it feels like the movement is smooth and precise compare to your game's movement

13. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

I just released an update to the main game and also to the demo.
    Check it out to see if there is an improvement in movement!!

14. impheris

impheris

that is good news, i'm very interested in your project, it has potential, Hey also would be good if you clarify in the tutorial that you need to press a button to use stairs (at least that does not show in my tutorial)

15. Nilorevil

Nilorevil

The game is very good, just missing a little tip for the puzzles. I got stuck on the clock part, I have no idea where to find the correct time o_O

16. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

I think that there are some numbers very close to the clock… look around and put hh:mm:ss

17. Nilorevil

Nilorevil

Thanks for the tip. The time I found was this but I can't understand what the exact time is :( sera.png

18. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

Are you sure that is the right number??? There is something more clear in the opposite wall…

19. SpaceToastDotNet

SpaceToastDotNet

Looks great. I'd be really curious to see how you were able to build for both render pipelines, simultaneously, at launch. In my mind, that's a whole different kind of terrifying...

Hope sales have been brisk!

20. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

I made a master version for PC/XBOX and then I clone the whole project on the mac and switched to URP. It's a pain to mantain both version updated!!

SpaceToastDotNet likes this.
  21. impheris

impheris

Hey sorry i said i'll try it but i've been busy lately :( and i want to try it as a gamer sorry bro :( i'll try it again soon

22. Nilorevil

Nilorevil

Thanks for the help, I was able to move on and finish both scenarios. Game very good!

23. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Hmm, I might have a look, how do I get the Xbox version?

24. ilpalaAV

ilpalaAV

I delayed the Xbox version to polish the game a little. I hope to release on xbox in few month. If you want there is a free demo on Steam!

25. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Unfortunately I can't get Steam to work on Ubuntu.

26. impheris

impheris

that is weird, why not?

27. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

I think it's because we don't have WINE (Windows Emulator) installed, I also don't have admin rights to install stuff because my Brother thinks I'd just install random stuff that would kill me PC!

I wouldn't mind but it's a bit much that my own Brother thinks I'm a numpty!

28. impheris

impheris

I think there is an official steam version for linux