Search Unity

The Hadron Effect FPS WIP Story

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TryHarder, Apr 12, 2013.

1. THoeppner

THoeppner

Great to read again of the project.

It looks like you made really good progress. Do you plan to make a web player demo or a video of the game? I really would like to see the game in action.

As I wrote before I finally started my own FPS project (inspired by your work). Hope that I reach in the near future the point when its worth to start my own development thread.

Furthermore good luck on your way :)

2. HolBol

HolBol

Look like this is progressing well. There is a screenshot on the last page however in a corridor with a orange light- but the light has no source in geometry. I'd advise you fix that to make the light seem more real.

3. mathias234

mathias234

This looks really good.

4. TryHarder

TryHarder

THoeppner, Now I have the levels firmly decided I plan on some demo video once I'm sure of all the features within them, and I'm not giving away too much of the storyline.

Fishman92, Thank you for your comment, that corridor is much different now i have completed a course on lighting and it really helped all the lighting in the release version will be as real as I can make it rest assured.

mathias234, Thank you, the game itself when played is much better than the pictures, I'm really trying to make an FPS with a real story and challenges just like the original Halflife games were, rather than just being about shooting things, although there's plenty of that too ! If you've ever played Halflife one of the appealing things was working out how to get through the levels as well as shooting things that were trying to stop you, its getting that balance right that gave it its unique appeal, and that's what I'm trying to re-create, a good game isn't always about Next Gen graphics thankfully as I don't have $60M to spend !! I'm pretty fussy and critical when it comes to games I like to play so hopefully it'll be fun for a lot of people when its done, I hope so although as I said once a while back at the very least I'm having so much fun playing it myself :) More soon.........

5. TryHarder

TryHarder

Hi I'm back, I went away to really get on with this, I really want it to be special and to do it justice, so I went away and spent time designing the levels and working with Unity5 to give it the right feel and I'm now slowly piecing the levels back together to give them the quality I'm looking for. Its so difficult producing this kind of quality on your own and working all day too, but I'm getting there slowly, I've thought about kickstarter but not sure theres enough interest in creating that old Halflife feel again to enable me to raise enough to give up work and get it out there finally. Hmmm.

Anyway in the meantime heres another quick video of the start of the game :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    daisySa and mathias234 like this.
  6. TryHarder

TryHarder

Hello again,

Well I'm certainly learning that trying to get a game like this finished is hard work with a team of two in your spare time ! But, hey I'm still here and haven't given up on my dream, so much so I'm entering Microsoft's Dream, Build, Play 2017 https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/dream-build-play-challenge Anyway if you want to learn a little more about where I'm up to follow this link http://www.530friday.com/thehadroneffect/2017-development-update/ and between now and Christmas, the deadline for the completion entries I will be posting more info.....promise !

Kridian likes this.
  7. TryHarder

TryHarder