Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

The general software thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by I am da bawss, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antislash

antislash

yes basically the idea would be to edit the game in the DCC or edit the assets in the game editor....
    in a word... melt DCC and game editor in one product....that's close to what AD and stingray is about.

but that move would be rather impossible for unreal, crytek or unity, because a DCC tool is at least as complex as a game engine and that would mean a lot more expenses/work/staff.
    in addotion, that would make the game engine tied to one DCC tool only while, AD doesn't tie anyone to stingray.

and blender becoming an integrated DCC tool in game engines... sounds like a big big step.... more of a dream than something feasable IMO.

DGart.work likes this.
  2. Ryiah

Ryiah

What happens when Stingray is officially released on the 19th? Were you planning on the discussion continuing here?

3. antislash

antislash

10345571_717507334957835_2357370411736840690_n[1].jpg

DGart.work likes this.
  4. DGart.work

DGart.work

with this ridiculous name? no we will need a new thread to share our experiences with stingray , I think other software won't get involved
    stingray is enough to talk for that time
    we must be careful In the realm of mother of dragons

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  5. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

This is in the same club as UE threads that open up, this is the Unity forums, if you want to talk about Stingray or any other engine go to their sites. It does them no good to have feedback about their product somewhere else and doesn't help them to improve if they can't see it. It also creates a lot of noise for us, when we want to see feedback for Unity not another software packages we can't do anything about.

I am more than willing to close this thread.

Tomnnn likes this.
  6. DGart.work

DGart.work

but we are unity users we may talk about unity there an someone from autodesk may come and rename or close the thread

7. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

8. antislash

antislash

i wish i had the same amount of people answering my unanswered posts about UNITY

9. Ryiah

Ryiah

Likewise the very same concept applies to the Unity forums. Comparison threads can help to generate feedback. If you want us to take it elsewhere that could be interpreted as "We don't care about your feedback".

DGart.work and antislash like this.
  10. antislash

antislash

+1
    shakin' the coconut tree or may i try "stinging the ray" ;)

Tomnnn likes this.
  11. DGart.work

DGart.work

@Aurore
    are we allowed to compare holy unity with something?

S-0-L-0 likes this.
  12. Aurore

Aurore

Yes they can, but generally what happens is that people start shouting one is better than other, which isn't comparison. A better way to structure it and avoid fights would be to actually pinpoint a feature in Unity that we have or are lacking and then compare and feedback from there. At the moment when they crop up it's always "this thing has all of these things therefore it's better" and that's what starts the fights.

antislash and Ryiah like this.
  13. Ryiah

Ryiah

My motivation for having a new thread is mostly a result of the shouting matches that have taken place in this one. I simply feel like it would be better to close this thread, since it is full of quite a bit of nonsense, and create a new one with the caveat that shouting matches will get that thread closed as well.

Up to you all if you want to allow it or not, but I would rather have comparison thread here for the devs to use as reference material than on the Stingray forums where it won't benefit Unity in any way.

14. Aurore

Aurore

A new one for just general right? Cause I agree with that, it's worth trying it out, it's been suggested a few times.

15. DGart.work

DGart.work

this is what we supposed to do , but for now we can't compare the two
    I've talent in rap :p

16. Aurore

Aurore

Ah you edited the post, agreed, let's try it out and see if explodes or not. http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/general-feedback-other-software.347789/

Closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.