Search Unity

Bug The GameObject (or the plane ?) moves in the opposite direction of my gaze in VR.

Discussion in 'VR' started by Magic-Goupil, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Magic-Goupil

Magic-Goupil

Hello,

I am facing a problem that gives me a lot of difficulty with Unity on the Oculus Quest 2.
    To summarize, I am making a VR application where I am located on a height (here, on a construction machine).
    When I am on top of it, and I turn my head, the machine turns slightly in the opposite direction.

For example, when I turn my head to the right, the machine moves slightly to the left. When I turn my head upwards, the machine moves slightly downwards.

This creates a certain sense of unease once inside the helmet.

I took a video by activating the "Monoscopic" option of the OVRCameraRig prefab of the "Oculus Integration" asset, to better realize the problem. The end of the video is, in my opinion, the most explicit:

It gives a sensation of "walking on a rocking boat".

It may be useful for you to know, that when I launch the game from Unity with the PLAY button, it is my PC that is in charge of the application, and the effect does NOT occur.

However, when I inject my application into the Oculus Quest 2 (which is standalone), the phenomenon occurs.
    I thought it was a GPU or CPU overload problem, but even with a blank project, just being up on the device creates this problem from the headset.

Hopefully someone can help me solve this problem.
    Thanks in advance.

2. unity_8ViTaNyUrzimyQ

unity_8ViTaNyUrzimyQ

it's not the scene that's moving, it's the pivot point of your camera being way behind your actual camera - you'r basically moving the camera on a stick. I don't know how to fix that, or where the offset is coming from - potentially the quest driver is adding a "neck" offset between camera and pivot point. add some high-FOV-distortion and it will look like what you're seeing.