Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Other The Game Forest, bringing back ownership of downloadable games using NFT blockchain technology

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Stranger-Games, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Hi,

I would like to announce the project I am working on, The Game Forest.

This project is meant to be a generational leap in downloadable digital game stores, bringing back the good old days of physical games ownerships to digital games through the blockchain based NFT which would be a proof of ownership.

Of course there are a lot of things to consider.
    Developers can benefit from that by minting only through out a schedule which would make the NFT at sometimes out of stock just like physical games.
    Games will like the ownership of games but may not like the introduced scarcity in 'copies' that can be sold.
    Big developers will probably resist that as they actually tried to limit reselling of physical games which was pretty controversial at the time.
    However I think smaller developers will benefit the most from that new generation approach of game stores.
    A lot of indie developers create a master piece of art but struggle to make sales. I think having their game as ownable digital asset (NFT) would give a lot more value to it and if they minted only for example 500,000 copies they would probably be sold in a few minutes from collectors.
    You can check how art NFTs performed, but I believe The Game Forest is way more natural approach to the digital asset revolution.

Only time would tell how the market would react to that, but I am willing to take that leap!

I like to hear your thoughts on this, I am sure you have very valuable feedback for that idea.

Thank you!

adamgolden likes this.
  2. adamgolden

adamgolden

I looked at the site, it's an interesting concept. What would the process be for a developer with a completed game to add/submit it to your store? Does distribution have to be exclusive to avoid depreciation?

3. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

You can message me on discord.

No, it doesn't have to be exclusive, but if it's an exclusive it would probably give more value.

The store itself is not yet fully developed. We are working on it, but work is pretty slow because of the lack of funds.
    We are running a token sale to raise funds to complete the development of the platform.
    We plan to offer exclusive deal funds but after the token sale reaches soft cap.

You can join this telegram channel to follow the sale status.

adamgolden likes this.
  4. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

I have added a game submission form to the website.
    Please use that to submit your game.
    I will make a separate post for game submission.

adamgolden likes this.