Search Unity

The Galactic Asteroids Patrol

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by amirabiri, Mar 24, 2012.

1. amirabiri

amirabiri

Hi All,

We have been working on a small game titled "The Galactic Asteroids Patrol" which we hope to release in a few months. The Galactic Asteroids Patrol is a small casual game that sort of a "modernizes" of the old Asteroids type of games by using Unity's capabilities.

Today we've just finished building The Galactic Asteroids Patrol's website:

http://www.asteroidspatrol.com/

We hope you like it and we appreciate any feedback :).

2. Dreeka

Dreeka

This looks good! :)

3. amirabiri

amirabiri

Thanks! :)

4. PolyMad

PolyMad

Graphics is all a bit too dark imho, but models are good,maybe a bit too simple but given how large they are in the game I guess it's ok, good luck! :)

5. amirabiri

amirabiri

Yes we came to the same conclusion. The scenes look stunning but there was too much trade-off with the gameplay itself. So we've added a bit of light. Helps with not flying into huge chunks of rock floating in space :)

The models on the site are low-poly versions for the web player in order to minimize the download size. The game models are actually also lower-poly. But the original models are very rich. In the ship selection scene you can see them in all their glory.

Thanks! :)

6. NoamToledano

NoamToledano

Hi all and thank you for the warm replies.

Like my colleague sayed we have come to the same conclusion the scenes are to dark.
    But as the visual designer of the game I do wonder did u mean the the scene or all of the game design?