Search Unity

Unity The Future of Unity Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Buhlaine, Feb 21, 2019.

1. WazzaM

WazzaM

Hello @Buhlaine, where in the forum does the feedback actually go?
    As far as I can tell this is for announcements. Groovy. Then, I go to the Forum main page and the closest thing at that top level is the Beta forum.

...because I want to give feedback about Unity Hub and how a number of use cases are now BROKEN by Hub being made an intrinsic part of Unity 2019.1.
    I love some of the stuff you guys do but it's pretty clear that holistic thought is missing, about _how_ Hub integrates with the Editor.

A case, in point, is that the module management function of the Hub is only available for Unity Editors installed via the Hub. Why is that? And why is it that the Editor tells you to install Android SDK via the Hub when I installed it using the download assistant (not Hub) and it should know that this cannot be done. It's bad guidance.

The Hub UI isn't quite complete, so it feels a bit rushed to make this a forced part of the Editor experience.

2. Peter77

Peter77

Feedback regarding Unity Hub are best posted to the Unity Hub forum:
    https://forum.unity.com/forums/unity-hub.142/
    Make sure to add the "Feedback" tag when you create a new thread. It's next to the thread title that you enter.

Actual bugs (broken functionality) are best reported through the Unity Bug Reporter Tool.
    Please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in the forum thread where you posted about the problem initially, for Unity staff to pick up.

LeonhardP likes this.
  3. mostlyhuman

mostlyhuman

Unity Feedback: for WindZones, make the current pulse value (or intensity) readable so developers can create changing wind sounds/volumes to match the intensity of the pulse.

4. DrummerB

DrummerB

Where are we supposed to post feedback now? I don't see a feedback subforum.

5. Peter77

Peter77

In the corresponding sub-forum and then you have to add the "Feedback" tag to the title. For example, if you want to provide feedback regarding the prefabs system, you would click "Post new thread" in the Prefabs sub-forum and click the "(no prefix)" text that is located next to the thread title and choose "Feedback" as prefix.

UnityMaru likes this.
  6. mgear

mgear

7. oliiix

oliiix

Yes great idea, let's move it from one place to another to another... let's make more mess than we already got

8. ItDaRapta

ItDaRapta

Do you know what I think would make scene management a lot easier? Tags for scenes. That way if two scenes had the same properties, they have the same actions acted upon them, instead of having to write out code for every single scene. Thanks for reading
    -ItDaRapta

9. joshcamas

joshcamas

Still extremely frustrating and jarring when finding a page that might have some helpful info then being thrown to this thread again and again and again. Please bring back the site and just disable logging in + making posts or something. Please.

a436t4ataf, CyRaid, Knil and 5 others like this.
  10. HargrimCsorcon

HargrimCsorcon

Several months have passed but all my feedback threads were successfully ignored. If nobody of Unity team can give any answer in these threads what is this feature for?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    a436t4ataf, Storm4_ and Alvarezmd90 like this.
  11. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Is anybody from Unity Technologies reading this thread?

When will we have a search field in the "Exporting package" window?

Capture.JPG

12. ConAim

ConAim

Yeah yeah... for random crashed on latest 2019.1 HDRP projects.
    Ooops, crashed, report dialog popped, filled out info but NOT able to send the data, lets do the manual way.
    Very productive/supportive...

13. munzevi30

munzevi30

Hi, I wanted to ask questions, I accidentally signed up to the advisory panel :) I am using Unity 5.6. ProBuilder 2.x writes free. Can I design and sell models using these tools? Are there any copyright shortages?

14. TalhaDX

TalhaDX

Asking for money for feature as simple as Dark theme does not look good now. In last 10 years Unity has developed so much and extended its services in whole lot of businesses like Automative, VR/AR, Films and more. With all this in your hand, it seems really cheap (I am sorry if anyone finds it offensive) that you ask for money for dark theme feature.

PLEASE ALLOW DARK THEME AS FREE !!!

Storm4_, andreiagmu, chambino and 2 others like this.
  15. Stardog

Stardog

https://forum.unity.com/threads/editor-skinning-thread.711059/

Vagabond_ likes this.
  16. pulla0000

pulla0000

Add emission map support to the Sprite lit shader from 2d lightning, it will be perfect with this.

17. AhSai

AhSai

I hope Unity can add a "int readIndexUpTo" parameter in the CustomRenderTexture.SetUpdateZones function so that we don't have to create a new array every time when the array size is different. Pretty much like the concept of Physics.OverlapSphereNonAlloc but in reverse.

18. Ecna_At_Oculus

Ecna_At_Oculus

I came here from a redirect from the old feedback website. Can you update the original announcement post with some instructions on what to do with feature requests? Should I create a new thread? On which subforum? The answer is probably somewhere in this 5 page thread, but I don't want to read the whole thing just to know where to post my feature request.

19. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

20. Xibyth

Xibyth

So like, download progress to much to ask for.

21. Aidan-Wolf

Aidan-Wolf

Runtime VP8 transcoding for those of us who need to download/stream transparent video.

22. fct509

fct509

I just started a tutorial that requires Unity 2019.1 (if you want to follow it step by step), when I noticed an issue with what-very you call the feature that checks for newer versions of Unity. This feature was telling me that I should install Unity 2019.2.0f(some other digit). I already have Unity 2019.2.3f1 installed on said machine, which is newer than the version I was advised to install. While this isn't the type of issue that would break things, it is the type of issue that would make a User think something along the lines of, "Well, that's dumb. Who programmed this?"

I get that Unity 2019.1 will be getting less love now that Unity 2019.2 is out and the 2019.3 beta is getting recommended for use. Yet, this sounds like it's probably a piece of code that will get inherited, so it might worth checking that 2019.2 and 2019.3 don't have this issue.

23. nori0515

nori0515

Hi, I reported the issue below to Unity Taiwan, they told me to email Customer Support, and after I mailed to Customer Support I got a reply and redirected me here...so I read through this thread and post, if there is anything bothering I'm sorry.

-------
    I'm a returning Unity user from Taiwan.
    When I was following the official Unity tutorial to know about the new functions of Unity,
    I was taken to Unity Connect that I previously registered,
    So I entered the Unity ID settings page,
    and surprisingly found that my location settings had become "Russia" without knowing why,
    so I tried to open the drop-down menu to correct it.

But ... I can not find "Taiwan" there, only "China Taiwan".
    This makes me very unacceptable and angry, who changed this???

I love using Unity,
    but I can NOT tolerate that my country Taiwan treated as a part of China,
    a dictatorship country without the freedom of speech and democracy,
    anyone would be banned or arrested to jail,
    just because he/she created something that against the government and/or the leader.

Sorry to mention about politics here,
    but I only want to create games freely,
    without worrying if my country and my freedom might disappear someday.

litsungyiAktsk, fct509 and Stardog like this.
  24. Baste

Baste

The official name of Taiwan is the "Republic of China", so I'm guessing that they're just following that. Putting it next to Hong Kong and Macao is a bit unfortunate, though, but that's alphabetization for you.