Search Unity

The future of the Flash player

Discussion in 'Flash' started by Daniel FF, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Daniel FF

Daniel FF

Apparently, Adobe is leaving aside the investments in the flash player to focus on HTML5. At least that's the impression I get.

Considering this scenario, and I would like the opinion of you, is it worth buying the Unity for Flash Player?

I believe it would be much more interesting if the Unit would integrate with Adobe Air what you guys think? If possible, I wonder what the official position of Unity to the continuity that platform.

Thank you!

2. cannon

cannon

Unity for Air makes no sense as Unity already has far superior native deployment for apps.
    Adobe abandoned the Flash player for mobile in favor of HTML5 because of Apple and they already have non-player Flash to App deployment using Air.

Until publishing to Air for desktop apps worked the same way as it did on mobile where users were comfortable just installing Apps off the internet then they could also abandon the Flash player for desktop, but as it stands their desktop browser plugin is still the most accepted way for users to run their bytecode so they won't be abandoning that for a long while.

3. atmuc

atmuc

4. Daniel FF

Daniel FF

Is an attempt to monetize the platform, I hope that work and they contininuem to develop it.