Search Unity

The Frigate V3 Space game Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nikko, Apr 5, 2011.

1. nikko

nikko

This pack cannot be released in the asset store for now, because it is not accepted by the system (the Spaceship is in 3ds format and it would be too much work to re-import it in another format because of the number of customization made in the editor). Check it/buy it here: http://www.unity3dx.com/index.php/products/frigate3/

Lot of new things in this version 3:
    - 3 specific shaders
    - model of the spaceship, asteroid, a planet
    - scripts, cannon aim, shooting missiles, explosion integration with detonator, Mouse Look customized for easy flying in space.
    - exclusive techno textures and materials made for using with the specific shaders included in this pak.
    - sounds, shoot, explosions ship engine.
    - skybox, space flares, sun, space lightning
    - particles and special fx.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

nice work !

3. Draad

Draad

Good job, it's a nice work.

4. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

It is nice work, and I have seen you working on this for quite some time now.
    I'm curious though- how modular is the frigate? Could i build my own unique ship from this, and would this make it easier than modeling a ship from scratch?

5. nikko

nikko

You can see how it is made here:

I think a lot of elements can be reused. The author of the spaceship uses some kind of scripts to automatically place a bunch of objects. so the spaceship is quite modular. That's why it is fast for the graphic pipeline. Only the necessary stuff are processed.

6. darkben

darkben

oh damn
    i really need just these bits: cannon aim, shooting missiles, explosion integration with detonator, Mouse Look customized for easy flying in space.

not paying 90 dollars for it >.<

7. nikko

nikko

Up to you. no one force you. And btw it is $89 ;)

Actually I could make a pack with no spaceship for $40. I have a deal with the artist, so that I pay him half. If I remove the spaceship, it will be $40.

Anyone interested?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  8. RoyS

RoyS

Does this come in a unitypackage? If not, how am I going to know how to assemble it with the scripts?

Can I use this in more than one game?

So how do we order it without the ship as the only link to order it on the site is with the ship?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  9. PizzaGuy213

PizzaGuy213

Nikko, it looks great! Actually to great for an asset, more like an exclusive piece..

I'm currently finishing a project, but for the next one I got a spaced-themed plan.. I'm bookmarking this page, and'll hit you up when the time comes!

10. nikko

nikko

I will publish in the asset store this week end. I am overloaded with work right now! I will post here when it is done.

11. imtrobin

imtrobin

I bought the 2.6 version, do I get a update?

12. unity3dx

unity3dx

Yes, I am working on an automatic update system on the website. You can contact me on http://unity3dx.com and provide me your Paypal transaction ID and I will send you a link to the version 3.

13. RoyS

RoyS

There is a minor scripting error that comes up (scripts just need updating), but it still works. (I bought the full version with the models, btw.)