Search Unity

"The filename, directoryname, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by aportilla, Apr 18, 2013.

1. aportilla

aportilla

Hi,

I am getting the following error message when I do an update from the asset server. After several hours of trying to fix this, I tried uninstalling, deleting all things Unity, deleting my project, running CCleaner, rebooting, reinstall, etc...the issue still persists. I have not been able to find a conclusive answer to this issue from Unity. I do not run any anti virus apps and I have a fresh Window 7 install. Has anyone run into this and resolved it? If there is a clear path to fixing this, please post it - it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Movig file failed

Moving

Temp/asset_server.73e96fd08515c44278046bbaaa98059bdv5019.asset
    to Assets/.... failed: The
    filename, directory name, or volume label sysntax is incorrect.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. aportilla

aportilla

Of additional note: I also nuked my user account, made a new one and the same issue still persists.

3. aportilla

aportilla

At the bottom of the UAS window is displayed the following in red:
    "Unable to create new file asset(.......unity)received from server: Unknown asset version"

4. aportilla

aportilla

Nuking the project and copying over a project from another computer gives the same error. It seems to be some corruption on the UAS database.

5. aportilla

aportilla

I just got in to work this morning and everything worked fine. I just did an update command. This issue "fixed" itself overnight.

I will gladly pay for the app that connects Perforce with Unity. Unity has no business creating AssServer. Great support on this thread btw.

Twinaquafire likes this.