Search Unity

Bug The file crashes Unity when trying to open (2019.4.2f1 URP)

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by FutureSystems, Jul 3, 2020.

1. FutureSystems

FutureSystems

I can not open the file due to MARS! I removed the MARS folder from the Assets which allows me to open the file but now I get errors that it is missing. Please help.

2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

3. FutureSystems

FutureSystems

I created a completely new file and it has the template Unity URP scene. I closed Unity file and I can no longer open it. I can see the potential of this product but it seems to have some basic serious bugs... I removed the MARS folder (through windows explorer from Assets) then opened it and removed it from package manager to add it again but I can not find it in Package Manager. Does it mean I need to go back to the email with the trial that I received? What is the official channel for downloading and updating MARS?

4. FutureSystems

FutureSystems

I just created a totally Brand New Scene in Unity with URP Template and latest 2019 LTS version and the same thing happens! When I add MARS and close the file I can not open it again and it asks me to file a Bug Report.

I would really appreciate if you could help as at the moment it is not even usable?

5. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

Yes, MARS Doesnt live normally in the package manager, you will have to get it through the email you got and install the package through it.

Being said that. We are aware of that crash with URP and it will be fixed in the next release. Unfortunately the issue did not show up till Unity MARS was installed as a package and we are improving our testing to catch issues like this for the future.

6. FutureSystems

FutureSystems

Do you have an estimated time when the update will be released? At the current state the product is not usable for our team as we use URP.

7. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

For the time being, If you are with URP, I do know that if you have undocked Sim views or device views AND URP unity will Crash.

Can you paste the Unity editor Log to see better what is happening?

8. FutureSystems

FutureSystems

What do you mean by Editor Log? Do you mean this file? C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor\Editor.log

9. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

yes. Also your platform (I would assume windows from what you just said) and target platform (android/ios/lumin, etc)

10. FutureSystems

FutureSystems

I attach my Editor Log. I would appreciate your help . Yes Windows, and yes my target is iOS.
    (I had to zip the file as I could not upload the .log extension)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  11. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

yes, I can see that your crash log shows a hard crash with the bug we have found with URP.
    Did you have undocked Sim views? (as in the simulation or device view windows was not part of the editor and was a floating window).

Try this:
    - Open an empty URP project.
    - Install Unity MARS
    - Assign the render pipeline asset in Edit -> Project Settings -> Graphics -> Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings (And everything will turn magenta but that's expected and you will have to update the materials).

Hopefully with that you will not get a crash and you will have URP. Let us know how it goes.

12. FutureSystems

FutureSystems

Thanks for the support. Previously I had undocked MARS Panel and other panels but the Device View and Simulation View were docked. Now when I created new file and keep the default layout it seems to work fine....

Is it just the Sim and device views that are causing the problem? Can I undock the MARS Panel safely?

EDIT: Oh no as soon as I undock the MARS Panel I get a crash again.... Apologies but this is ridiculous. Are you planning on an update anytime soon?

13. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

Glad I could help!,

We are planning to ship this next release ASAP, We know this is a pressing issue and a fix will be coming out soon.

I wish I could tell more but I honestly dont know about the release date. But do know that the fix for this is in and is coming out on the next release. :)

14. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

MARS 1.0.2 just got released, this release should fix the URP issue @FutureSystems